Recommend/vote for my next Phaser Please.

ZJD

• Members

MOOG can nail 70s phase sounds... can match certain PolyPhase settings spot-on. Highly recommended.

If size/bypass is a concern, I'd go with the Quasar, just for the hell of it, and because Brian seems like a cool guy.

• Members
Originally posted by Arjae

Me like this thread. I am in a similary situation but have narrowed mine down a bit more than your options.
:)

I know. Retro-Sonic or BYOC right? :D And don't you have an Infinitphase too? Or am I thinking of someone else.

• Members

The fact that you have a MURF completes the discussion. Moog. Cv modulated phaser sounds locked in with the murf patterns are sick, and you don't have to have either of the fx actually on in the signal chain in order to use their internal lfos to affect the other. Put some expresson pedals on that bad boy. Then you can eventually get a control processor and go insane.

• Members

Endo, check out the manuals at www.moogmusic.com
I think it might be educational to check out the CP-251 manual too, as it's all about moog modular madness. Also, you might just get some CP-251 gas.

Modular is where it's at. I wish I had bought the moog phase, so now I have to try to do so again. I want the MuRF too, and already have the ring mod. Sweet.

• Members

He sells the Phase Royal pre-built phase though

that's a REALLY versatile phaser considering its size and cost. probably the best pick if you like classic phase/vibe sounds and play gigs... (MOOGs are kind of a bitch to haul around live, but I love using them to record.)

Q: I couldn't find the Phase Royal anywhere on the BYOC site... do you know if they're still available?

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

that's a REALLY versatile phaser considering its size and cost. probably the best pick if you like classic phase/vibe sounds and play gigs... (MOOGs are kind of a bitch to haul around live, but I love using them to record.)

Q: I couldn't find the Phase Royal anywhere on the BYOC site... do you know if they're still available?

I think that's what Keith @ BYOC calls the "Fully Loaded Phaser" that's pre-built. You just choose which color and LED you want and then he slaps the Phase Royal graphics on there.

I understand about the taking a Moog Pedal to gigs thing as well and so far the BYOC is looking pretty good considering that on the Retro-Sonic site it says their phases are sold out. I'd have to track a distributor down if I wanted the RS. And that video clip is making me GAS. :love:

Archived