Is this bad shipping etiquette?

Ray18

• Members

someone sent me a pedal that had a fitting factory box around it (just cardboard)

and then put that box inside a box twice its volume..

so the pedal was basically sloshing around during shipping..would it have killed him to put some newspaper in there or something?

no names, I'm just wondering what's up :confused:

• Members

well i shipped a few effects in the last 8 days.

the first an ibanez dm-1000. you can ask sheepshears how i packed it, it had a whole buch of bubble wrap. plus some of those big as air bag thingy plus some brown packing paper, and i taped the {censored} out if it , the was at least 6 inches worht on packing materials (mostly bubbe wrap in different sizez bubble) on each side of the delay

the i send an ibanez cs-9 to duderanimous, i wrapped the pedal in buuble wrap, the put szome more bubble wrap in the box, then u stuffed the boxx with more of those big air bag intul the pedal was firmly secure to the middle of the box.

so yeah IMHo that was bad shipping etiquette

does ther pedal work?

i've got some stuff from ebay that people sell as is , that arrives with problems, then the seller claim that it was damaged during shipping cause it worked perfect when he sent it.

• Members

my favorite was the DMM i got awhile ago ,came with the wooden box.
bubble wrap around the wooden box,don't want that to get damaged :rolleyes:.pedal inside the wooden box wraped in nothing :confused: .so the pedal was just loose inside the box baning around in shipping.it took me forever to figure out why it wasn't working properly :mad:,then one day i picked up the box and heard it moving around :idea: .some of the pots solder joints cracked.still haven't fixed it.

• Members
Originally posted by basscracker

my favorite was the DMM i got awhile ago ,came with the wooden box.

bubble wrap around the wooden box,don't want that to get damaged
:rolleyes:
.pedal inside the wooden box wraped in nothing
:confused:
.so the pedal was just loose inside the box baning around in shipping.it took me forever to figure out why it wasn't working properly
:mad:
,then one day i picked up the box and heard it moving around
:idea:
.some of the pots solder joints cracked.still haven't fixed it.

but the wooden box arrived in mint condition and that's the important thing...

• Members

Yeah, that's piss poor. Once I didn't include newspaper stuffing because bizarrely it kept taking the package over 500g (thus making it $7 more expensive on my dollar). I had the pedal in a zip-lock bag but at least sticky-taped the thing down so it wouldn't rattle around in the box.

Archived