Heads Up! ZOOM G9.2TT for $332.00

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This unit is amazing btw.

I recently did the whole check out/comparison of the major units on the market by trying them all out using headphones.

The g9 blew away the gt8, the new digitech workstation, the korg anx3000 and the Tonelab SE.

Zoom has really turned the corner, ive yet to hear a better unit. I liked it so much I bought it. Now my v-amp Pro is collecting dust.

• Members

sorry to dissapoint but the g9 thing really stunk to me...y??

1) the distorions were fizzy as hec and thin..not very tubelike.

2) the tube controls cannot be saved so whats the point? Having to bend over during a show to tweek those controls for each patch is lame..lame..lame...

3) effects were good and the vox amp was good the pc interface was good too but the tones were just poor to my ears...i mean even worse then then then the gt-8 which i also dislike alot for tone...

4) my tonelab se sounds way way way better and more tubelike then the g9 ever could..HOWEVER..i think most guys who will love the g9 will be metal guys looking for that swarm of bees sound which for some god aweful reason metal guys just love...lol

too bad i really wanted to love the g9 but was very very dissapointed in its tones.

• Members

hmmm...

I thought the opposite.

The g9 excels in warm tones, not thin tinny tones.

The g9 has two tubes, that you can choose to route the signal through or not, Im astounded at the range of tones you can get from the unit. The tonelab se I tried was a close second place as far as tone, with the gt-9 being a distant 3rd or 4th.

The tonelab just didnt have the range of tones the g9 has. Also the g9 has a much nicer set of effects and variability/control (2 pedals plus one 'horizontal' pedal).

• Members

I saw this post and then went to my local music store (Banana's At Large) and asked them if they would price match it. They said they had to look into it and made some phone calls while I waited. What they found was that the company selling them at that price bought out a dealer in Canada and there was a question as to whether they would be under the full waranty. Also, a question as to whether it might need a power adapter for US current. I don't know if there's any truth to either question - epecially the one about the current. But they said that price was below their cost and they couldn't sell it for that. We bargained and I wound up getting it for $350. Not quite as good as $332, but at least it's local and I can go back to the store if there's a problem or want to return it.

Although I don't think I'll be returning it. The thing sounds amazing and has some incredible features like the Z-pedal, flexible switching options, and more. Like most fx units, the presets are not that great, but it does hint at the potential for programming it. I can tell already from the little I've played with it that I'll probably be able to coax just about any sound I want out of it. I've been using a G2.1u for the last few months and it sounds great, but the G9 is unbelieveable.

• Members

Coupla things:

First, I'm not a metalhead who likes fizzy gain. I play a lot of extended/poly chords & demand good note definition.

The BG Crunch model goosed with the Booster from the Wah/EFX1 module gives me just that.

As far as the tube & not being able to have different settings for each preset goes - I just turn it up just enough to add girth/warmth before it breaks up. That way it doesn't harm the clean tones & still rounds everything out.

All in all, no the G7 isn't perfect ( or any of the G series for that matter ), but for price/sound/features, it slays anything in it's class.

• Members

Originally posted by Karma1

I saw this post and then went to my local music store (Banana's At Large) and asked them if they would price match it. They said they had to look into it and made some phone calls while I waited. What they found was that the company selling them at that price bought out a dealer in Canada and there was a question as to whether they would be under the full waranty. Also, a question as to whether it might need a power adapter for US current. I don't know if there's any truth to either question - epecially the one about the current. But they said that price was below their cost and they couldn't sell it for that. We bargained and I wound up getting it for $350. Not quite as good as $332, but at least it's local and I can go back to the store if there's a problem or want to return it.

Although I don't think I'll be returning it. The thing sounds amazing and has some incredible features like the Z-pedal, flexible switching options, and more. Like most fx units, the presets are not that great, but it does hint at the potential for programming it. I can tell already from the little I've played with it that I'll probably be able to coax just about any sound I want out of it. I've been using a G2.1u for the last few months and it sounds great, but the G9 is unbelieveable.

I bought mine from Brilliant-Electronics for the 332.00 mentioned when I made the original post. Brand new, Unopened, Full warranty, Power supply included-- US current--So basically a "No" to all your questions. 350.00 is still a good deal for a very cool unit-- I have the Xt Live and the V-Amp Pro and the Zoom sounds alot better than both IMO.

• Members

Thanks for the update on that killer deal - glad it worked out for you. And congratulations on getting the G9. I just spent a few hours this afternoon tweaking some clean sounds and some lead tones. Belive me, the potential of this thing is far beyond what one hears in the pre-sets. I didn't find any lead sound I really liked in the presets, but after some tweaking, I'm totally impressed. The possibilities are seemingly endless. I started with the Mesa Boogie model "Rectify" and switched the amp type to "Hot Box", increased the compression, added some ping pong echo, tweaked the eq and came up with a smooth, singing, lead reminiscent of Eric Johnson - not that I'm comparing my tone with his - but in that general direction. Potential buyers: don't judge it by the presets! The G9 has incredible potential.

• Members

Shhh...

Come a little closer....

1. Go to Google

2. Click on "Froogle"

3. Type in "Zoom g9.2tt"

4. In the pull-down menu where it says "Sort by relevance" select "Sort by price: low to high"

5. Call or e-mail one of the price matching stores (I use American Musical Supply, but you could probably get it elsewhere too)

6. Get item for less!

...okay, now I have to kill you...

It is still 332.85 somewhere...

• Members

Originally posted by fractal

Shhh...

Come a little closer....

1. Go to Google

2. Click on "Froogle"

3. Type in "Zoom g9.2tt"

4. In the pull-down menu where it says "Sort by relevance" select "Sort by price: low to high"

5. Call or e-mail one of the price matching stores (I use American Musical Supply, but you could probably get it elsewhere too)

6. Get item for less!

...okay, now I have to kill you...

It is still 332.85 somewhere...

I don't want to die:)

http://www.simplycheap.com/zoomg92tt.html

http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/tb-g9-2tt.html

Archived