Effects order help.

• Members

I have:

jcm 800->Isp Decimator->

Fulltone OCD->

Bad Monkey->

Planet Waves pedal tuner->

USA Big Muff->guitar

It sounds good now but when I put the pedal on mute to tune, I get a ringing sound sorta feedback sounds from the amp and I don't know why. The pedal still tunes fine but it's making this weird sound when the signal is muted. When I turn off my od's the ringing is less prominent but still there. Any ideas? Also, is this the "right" order of the pedals?

• Members

I don't really know, but you have listed your effects in reverse order. You should start with the guitar, and end with the amp.

I don't think the tuner should be in the middle of your chain, and to me, the Big Muff should be last.

• Members
Originally posted by mamberg

I don't really know, but you have listed your effects in reverse order. You should start with the guitar, and end with the amp.

I don't think the tuner should be in the middle of your chain, and to me, the Big Muff should be last.

:D Read it from the bottom up. When people say last, that means last thing before the amp correct?

Anyone else know the proper order?

• Members

Originally posted by anti-flag193

I have:

jcm 800->Isp Decimator->

Fulltone OCD->

Bad Monkey->

Planet Waves pedal tuner->

USA Big Muff->guitar

It sounds good now but when I put the pedal on mute to tune, I get a ringing sound sorta feedback sounds from the amp and I don't know why. The pedal still tunes fine but it's making this weird sound when the signal is muted. When I turn off my od's the ringing is less prominent but still there. Any ideas? Also, is this the "right" order of the pedals?

guitar

Planet Waves pedal tuner

USA Big Muff

Bad Monkey

Fulltone OCD

Isp Decimator

jcm 800

tuner first so it picks up the note quickest. noise reduction after all the dirt. otherwise it depends on your use. it's all dirt so it just depends on what sounds good in tandem to you. fuzz often likes being first though.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

guitar

Planet Waves pedal tuner

USA Big Muff

Bad Monkey

Fulltone OCD

Isp Decimator

jcm 800

tuner first so it picks up the note quickest. noise reduction after all the dirt. otherwise it depends on your use. it's all dirt so it just depends on what sounds good in tandem to you. fuzz often likes being first though.

Thanks. That's how I had it first but the tuner was humming then as well so I switched it. I'll try it again and see.

Archived