OT: NYC fourmite - question about BB Kings? / Anyone going to see King's X?

hoerni

• Members

Okay, I have a question for the NYC forumites who actually get out to live shows.

King's X is playing BB King's tomorrow night. According to the web-site the show starts at 8:00.

Does that mean the opening act goes on at 8? Or is there no opening act (couldn't find one listed)? What time does the headliner usually go on (with or without an opening act)?

Anybody go to BB King's regularly and have an idea? TIA.

I have a class until 9pm in the East Village and I'm wondering how much I'd miss if I planned on getting there at 9:30pm.

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by turtleheadblues

When i saw them in November they didnt go on until 11. They had like 4 pay to play bands beforehand.

It could be different at BB Kings

Yeah, last time I saw them there were two opening acts and it was in the 11-12 time frame when I saw them. Looking at the BB Kings site though, it looks like the doors open at 6pm. 8pm would make sense for the start time then.

Oh well. Not sure if I could make it with the cold I have right now anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Tim, call BB's and ask what time they get on. They are ususally pretty accurate about what they quote...

That was the answer! Thanks for the idea.

BBKing's was real friendly and helpful. There are two opening acts at 8 and 9 with King's X probably on around 10.

Anybody else going?

Archived