Tool's Adam Jones Has A Wicked New Pedal

• Members

Hey all:

Just reading the Guitar World cover interview with Tool's Adam Jones and he talks about this wild pedal his engineer made for their new album. It sounded so crazy, I figured you'd all get a kick out of it.

Jones talks about how he has this Gig-FX Chopper pedal he had worked on so he could go from a clean sound to tremolo and control the tremolo speed as well. The pedal let him slow it down and speed it up.

Jones tells his engineer that he wished he could do this with ANY pedal. So the dude does his thing and comes back with what looks like a wah pedal, but you plug your other pedals into it. It blends between your clean sound and the pedal effect, so you can fade in the effect gradually, "like a breath," instead of clicking the pedal on.

Drew

• Members

Originally posted by aeroslepperin

oh and the cover will do nothing good for the price of silverbursts.

Dear Gibson-

Please bring back the Silverburst, so that I don't have to spend a ridiculous amount on one from Ebay. And, no, the crappy one that Samash had a few years back doesn't count.

Thank you.

• Members

Originally posted by Galtman

Dear Gibson-

Please bring back the Silverburst, so that I don't have to spend a ridiculous amount on one from Ebay. And, no, the crappy one that Samash had a few years back doesn't count.

Thank you.

You say that as though Gibson wouldn't charge a ridiculous price for it anyway :D

Archived