Paging Dr. utterhack - You're PM is Full.

ZJD

• Members

You woulda thought so, but nope. Apparently the Giffen Effect only applies to ODs.

If anything, it's confusing folks, (esp. on the non-FX boards): "d00d, WTF is so special about that Pandora in your sig that you're asking $1500 when I can get a new one for $169???"

Fortunately, I'm in no particular hurry to sell, so I can let the joke drag on and on until it's truly beaten to death. Though I'm actually surprised no one has jumped on an as-new Crybaby Classic for $70 shipped. I would, if I weren't trying to sell it :)

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

Are you studying Econ or something?

Heh. Hardly - at one point I was working on an English PhD :)

But you learn a lot of funny things in the course of workin' for the Man.

I should probably post that link on one of the OMG GIBSON RAISES PRICES AGAIN OMGWTFBBQ!1!1!11!!1! threads next door...

• Members

Me, too, hence the 'hack's suggestion, methinks.

(Sweet, sweet office... nurturing womb of countless internet impulse buys!)

And a +1 for English PhDs... your ability to form complete sentences has not gone unappreciated on this board, mon frer.

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

your ability to form complete sentences has not gone unappreciated on this board, mon frer.

:o

But don't hold me to it or nothin' - sometimes I like to just post ironic pix...

Say, did you ever make it down to BuffaloBros?

• Members

did you ever make it down to BuffaloBros

Sir, yes sir... kind of an underwhelming selection considering the 3 1/2 hours it took to get down there... I found a couple of nice Fenders, but couldn't pull the trigger... TONS of acoustics, though, and if I'd had more time, I probably would have bought one.

Verdict so far-- I only like a few Fender necks, specifically the 1962 reissues and whatever's on the current American Deluxe Strats. Most of the others feel huge/bulky/unplayable compared to my PRS. I didn't realize how much that guitar has spoiled me.

This week I'm hitting Redondo to check out the G&L Tribute line. I'm thinking that cheaper is better, since I only want a Strat for particular single coil sounds... My PRS will remain my main guitar.

• Members

Sorry to hear the trip was a bust...

I don't have any experience with PRS so I can't provide a direct comparison, but fwiw the neck on my (Tribute) Legacy is pretty slim. I'm always tempted to wrap my thumb around just because it feels kinda comfortable...

• Members
Originally posted by utterhack

48729zjd, now that you've snagged a Dragon it looks as though we'll all soon be members of the Cult of Kimsuzzie, SoCal Chapter.

I'd give you the same guarantee I gave endo23, but...

NICE! :thu:

Archived