So I'm not happy with my FD2.....

cheebus

• Members

So after hearing many great things about the Full Drive 2 I decided to get one. The only thing I like on it is the clean boost in the Comp Cut mode. The overdrives, all of them, just dont work for me at all.

Is there another pedal that will sound like just the Comp Cut mode on the Full Drive. I can't justify keeping it if I only like the one mode, but i still want the one mode.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Comp cut is the only mode I like on it as well. If you dig that mode, you might want to look into the Skreddy Screw Driver. It is very similar but has more versatility. www.skreddypedals.com

Oh and Robo..... comp cut is just one of the modes on the 3-way toggle on the FD2 that basically turns it into a clean boost with no dirt added. However, kicking on the boost switch in comp cut mode will get you some decent gain.

• Members

Originally posted by cheebus

So after hearing many great things about the Full Drive 2 I decided to get one. The only thing I like on it is the clean boost in the Comp Cut mode. The overdrives, all of them, just dont work for me at all.

Is there another pedal that will sound like just the Comp Cut mode on the Full Drive. I can't justify keeping it if I only like the one mode, but i still want the one mode.

Any suggestions?

What amp and guitar are you using?

• Members

Originally posted by Cackalacky

Have you tried it at 18v? Running it that way has kept it on my board, more headroom, less grain, more punchy.

+1. Its really at its best in 18v mode, although I thought it did just fine in 9v mode too.

• Members

Originally posted by Cackalacky

Have you tried it at 18v? Running it that way has kept it on my board, more headroom, less grain, more punchy.

Well Ill give this a try. Have to get a 18v adapter first :freak:

Thanks for your suggestions so far, Im just baffled how my SD1 sounds better to me (minus the bass loss) than this expensive and hyped OD.

• Members

Originally posted by cheebus

Well Ill give this a try. Have to get a 18v adapter first
:freak:

Thanks for your suggestions so far, Im just baffled how my SD1 sounds better to me (minus the bass loss) than this expensive and hyped OD.

Gear is all about how it fits into YOUR rig. FD2 works for my needs and my SD-1 sits at home (not enough gain or "feel")...dif strokes for dif folks.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarchris

Gear is all about how it fits into YOUR rig. FD2 works for my needs and my SD-1 sits at home (not enough gain or "feel")...dif strokes for dif folks.

+1.

Thats really what it comes down to. One man's trash is another man's treasure type of thing.

• Members

I run my set up unlike many of the guitarist I know. So, when I try something that they love or vice versa...knobs have to be changed or it only sounds good with _______guitar. There are exceptions to the rule but with dirt pedals I find this to be the case. Thats why you get the extremes of HATE and LOVE threads to stuff like the OCD (own, new and old), SCOD (owned/sold), DS-1 (owned/sold), Distortion Pro(own) etc.

Archived