Zoom G9.2tt-Initial impression

Durango_Kid

• Members

Got her yesterday and spent about 3 hours playing around last night. All I can say for now is-wow!

I've had a Digitech RP series, a Vox Valtronix, and I have tried an ME-50 in the past and this unit actually breaks the mold.

Sound quality is awesome and adjustability is infinite. The tubes actually do what they claim to! As always there are a lot of sounds that that I will never use but many are welcome additions to the creative juices.

Build quality is fantastic and this unit is staying!

• Members

I had the chance to play with the g2, and i was impressed by the clarity of the tones. even the distortions were very decent for the price. I hope that there will be some mp3 post of new owners so it will be more clear if zoom is blowing the competition away :)

• Members

Thought I would chime back in and tell everyone that after 24hrs, this thing appears to have died.

Didn't eve play through this thing tonight. Basically I set it up and installed the Cubase software. Tried to set levels and see if I could lay something down for you guys and bam! The screen slowly started disintegrating. Next thing I know all functions are gone and nothing lights up.

Needless to say, I'm quite disappointed. I bought this thing hoping for a good solution to avoid cable/battery madness but so far we are off to a bad start.

• Members

As an update-today I called Sweetwater and they are sending me a new one.

I was put off by this set back but I am willing to give this unit a second chance because so far I have not heard any other complaints about this line or about Zoom in general. The sound quality is just to good to throw in the towel right away so we will have to see.

The great thing is they are sending one out tomorrow and it should be here on Monday. Usually you have to wait for a company to get the defect back before they re-ship so I am pretty please with Sweetwater right now.

• Members

Can you run multiple amp models at the same time through the L/R outputs with this unit? Also, how flexible is the effects routing? Can its external fx loop be placed anywhere in the virtual signal chain?

Archived