True Bypass 50$$??

• Members

Originally posted by marco gonzalez

It seemed pretty complicated to me. Is it a fairly easy thing to do?

It's just a matter of buying the switch and soldering a couple wires.

A DIY guide and a half an hour and you could have saved a fair chunk of change.

But who cares because the pedal is TB now which is a huge improvement in the case of the memory man.

• Members

That's a pretty average price.

I'm not sure what techs you guys usually go to, but most places I've seen have a $35 - $40 bench fee, plus parts and labor.

Yes, you can do it yourself for cheaper...but if you don't know what you're doing $50 is a small price to pay to know that the guy isn't going to melt your delay.

• Members

Who is gonna do it cheaper? Unless you do this stuff yourself (which require a modicum of skill and confidence) you have to pay someone something to do it.

I did my microsynth myself. It came out great and I had the 3pdt switch laying around. If not, I would have gladly paid $50 bucks for someone else to do it.

• Members
Originally posted by vigor&kandor

i would do it for free minus the shipping, and switch.

i work on all my friends stuff for free because i love working on pedals and guitars. its one of the only things that i truly love to do. hopefuly i can make a carreer out of it, but probably not
:cry:

So maybe we can sticky this thread to see how long you will TB EH pedals for free. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

I wonder if some of his troubles came from undercharging. Still, probably best not to get into that subject again!

Yeah, it just seemed like he was taking in more volume than he could handle.

Up your prices and the number of people sending their stuff in drops to a more manageable level.

Supply and demand...

• Members

i see what you guys are saying about the price, but being the DIY guy that i have become makes me not want to pay that much. i know how little it would actually take to True bypass the pedal. i personally could not see paying $50 for that service. its not rocket science. i think ever guitarist should know at to atleast install a full set of pickups, pots, switch, and jacks. teach someone how to wire a strat up and they would be willing to tackle and little pedal job.

ignorance is bliss, but knowledge can save you money.

no i have to go debug my DL4.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Coach

If I'm not mistaken that's what analogman charges.

Why didn't you just do it yourself?

The input jack on some of the EH pedals connects to the board and then to the switch, and in that case the job requires more knowledge and skill that changing a few wires around on a switch.

Archived