Yngwie in a box

carlygtr56

• Members

does it come with a cranked 100watt marshall?

a more apt title would be "half of yngwie in a box"

but considering he only used the pedal as a boost with only a slight bit of "dirt" being made by the pedal itself, I'd say any number of overdrives could get that sound

just saying

• Members
Originally posted by vigor&kandor

aren't dod 250 $40 dollars new?? so he charges $199 for $80 worht of pedals. thats $80 if you buy them new, if you built them yourselve it could come out alittle cheaper.

I think it's a little overpriced also, but they are modded 250's so you have to take that into account. And he had to rehouse. I'd say a better price would be 150?

And I think they go for $29 new. :o

• Members
Originally posted by Ray18

... a more apt title would be "half of yngwie in a box"....

that'd still be a damn big box :D

i think it sounds kinda cool, even for non-yngwie-related tone-stuffs. the 250 is a decent lil pedal.

aren't dod 250 $40 dollars new??

thats not grey-box spec (which could be modded, but at a price), or TB. the pedalworx uses only one power jack (9v? 18v?), and would take up a little less space (and cable).

goona check out the toyz forum now.

• Members
Originally posted by Ray18

does it come with a cranked 100watt marshall?

a more apt title would be "half of yngwie in a box"

but considering he only used the pedal as a boost with only a slight bit of "dirt" being made by the pedal itself, I'd say any number of overdrives could get that sound

just saying

He uses 50 watt Marshalls, or he did most of his career.
You keep thinking he ran one DOD for a slight bit of dirt into a non master volume Marshall:confused:

I got a ton of ODs. The are mid humped in general. The DOD isn't Wrong on all counts.:wave:

• Members

aren't dod 250 $40 dollars new?? so he charges $199 for $80 worht of pedals. thats $80 if you buy them new, if you built them yourselve it could come out alittle cheaper.

This blows away the YJM-308.

Now go to Analogman's site and add up two DOD 250's after the mods to get them to Grey Spec, true bypass and LED.

• Members
Originally posted by beezdeez

I think it's a little overpriced also, but they are modded 250's so you have to take that into account. And he had to rehouse. I'd say a better price would be 150?

And I think they go for $29 new.
:o

The stock 250 or YJM is a brittle POS. I got 2.

Analogman gets $130 for a modded 250 or YJM-308

Do the math.:idea:

• Members

Originally posted by carlygtr56

Yes, you can order it with glazed or powdered coatings!

Can I buy it for 180?

No, 199

okay, 191, here's my credit card

No, 199

*throws pedal in back of towncar*

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

So make us some clips, you old bastard.
:wave:

Seriously, I would love to hear that thing. The YJM od I tried last year was a POS. I didn't want to go through getting it modded so I dumped it.

I got two YJM's...Very brittle and a bass loss.

My pc is screwed . I have clips. I can't get them up.

It sounds like the early Yngwie stuff.

It's cool cause using one is nice and bluesy....hit the other, you're in sustain city....all with a clean distortion with no mid hump....and with all the available gain, the guitar cleans right up.

• Members

modding a 250 to grey specs is not hard or expensive, nor is making it true bypass. i modded my DOD for $5. the hardest part about the grey mod is changing out the chip from the dual op-amp they us now back to the single op-amp they used back in the day.

i love my DOD 250, but seriously buying the parts and making that pedal yourself would probably be less than $80. Maybe even more like $60.

• Members

modding a 250 to grey specs is not hard or expensive, nor is making it true bypass. i modded my DOD for $5. the hardest part about the grey mod is changing out the chip from the dual op-amp they us now back to the single op-amp they used back in the day.

i love my DOD 250, but seriously buying the parts and making that pedal yourself would probably be less than $80. Maybe even more like $60.

I agree....but to those who can't do that....there are guys doing the mods for a fee.

I think doing the mods yourself is even cheaper than that.

Archived