Anyone ever play a proco rat through a 212 deville?

• Members

OK I was at the local pawn shop today (I sold my Boss ds2 for 10$) and saw a digitech hothead and deathmetal and boss ds1 and some rotovibe pedal and a rocktek distortion pedal and a proco rat! Im thinking of selling my metalzone and ubermetal to get proco rat, i have a tex mex tele and a 212 deville, only thing is i found a guy in the review section on the proco rat who said that he has same deville amp and doesnt like the proco rat but only on an EQ running through it? is this good idea to get rid of metal zone and uber metal for proco rat? these pedals are OK but im still looking for a good pedal and this one sounds great...

• Members

the rat is quite nice through a deville. I dont know what your friend needs an eq for. The devilles tone controls are pretty versatile.
I tried a turbo rat and a rat 2 through one with a tex-mex loaded strat and a 335. I really liked them. nice crunchy distortion.

very similar to the higher gain channel on a jekyll and hyde....a pedal made for devilles. but then, price on one of those is a lot more

• Members

Originally posted by thepoisonchef

the rat cost 40 or 50 dollers and its a pawn shop so i might have to sell both in order to get it but im hoping only one... OK can u compare rat to another pedal?

The RAT is really its own beast. Gets fuzzy at higher gain, but I guess comaprison in gain is the Boss DS1 but stock, and the RAT is a lot better. You shouldn't trade both of those for a RAT. Even in a pawn shop, a Metal Zone for a RAT is a fair trade.

Archived