is it possible to get a decent synth...

mister kyo

• Members

okay guys. my dad let me know that he had an old yamaha psr in the garage...yeah, its {censored}ty, but its usable. i added one of my distortion pedals, and it sounds cool playing single notes, but chords sound really crappy and unclear...same with all my other pedals.

would a fuzz work better? i think im gonna go the pedals + wah route for now. save for something decent in the future instead of getting middle of the road stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by mister kyo

......sounds cool playing single notes, but chords sound really crappy and unclear...same with all my other pedals.

would a fuzz work better?

Reading you got the same result (crappy & unclear) with all your other pedals......... my guess would be a fuzz pedal wouldn't make much difference (unless it was a really really expensive one, like an Addrock Geranium Fuzz course)

But I doubt that PSR + FX pedals is gonna get you the sounds you want (unless it's something with a cool name like Erotic FX or Dr. Scientist or Roadkill).... maybe a Filterbank could do the trick, but that's about as expensive as getting a better keyboard......

I think this is my most unhelpful post ever:thu:

Archived