Hi

Help Me decide which is the best Univibes Clone

sweet sound- Mojo vibe

or maybe prescription electronics - vibe unit

or maybe you've got any other Ideas...

I can't try them where I live,

because no one import them to My country

• Members

i used to own the mojo vibe and used the vibe unit in the studio.

while there were many years in between the 2, i'm pretty confident that the mojo vibe is tough to beat.

the vibe unit sounded ok, but the mojo vibe blew it out of the water, in my opinion.

it was very lush, very "3-d", if you follow that....plus the mojo is way smaller.

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

I have a Mojo, and it's very nice.

It would be interesting to see an objective (ie. by players who don't own any of them) shoot out between all these vibe pedals.

Would be a very pricey shoot out though.
:eek:

do not forget the voodoo vibe!! I love mine.

• Members

Originally posted by DJLantz444

What about the magicboy?

Vibe voiced phaser. Brighter than a vintage vibe, is cool sounding though. If you want a more vintage sounding phase/vib Bob Sweet also makes the Mofaux vibe that is darker than the magic boy. It all really depends on your setup/ sound preferences.

• Members

I had the exact same post 2 weeks ago.My only concern with the rx is I heard the new ones are different from the old so I talked to the prescription man myself and was relived to hear they are the same as they were when all of the attention was surrounding the vibe unit except they are more consistant.He is a very sincere guy and way easy to get ahold of.Anyway I got the vibe unit yesterday and I made the right choice.I dont need a expression pedal and Im not a size queen so its perfect.In reality eather one of those. I could go on forever about this but I always get picked on here.I feel like Im in junior high again. JERKS!:cry:

• Members

Originally posted by outstanding

except they are more consistant.

AKA made in china?

I could go on forever about this but I always get picked on here.I feel like Im in junior high again. JERKS!
:cry:

Cunt.

:wave:

• Members

Thats true but the chinese flag on the bottom of the pedal is just so cute.

Agreed. Honestly, if you want a great vibe try the ultra vibe (not made anymore by Bob Sweet. It is supposed to be exactly like the mojo vibe, but it has a little more oomph to my ears), or Ubervibe by retroman. Vibe in stereo is sweet!!! The Foxrox provibe is top shelf also. Good luck!

• Members

Originally posted by pelicandeano

the mojo wins in that comparsion but the tube vibe by effectrode beats the mojo. Check it out first. I have # 15 and it isnt going anywhere

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

www.retroman-music.com

the best vibe lives here.

check out the KR Megavibe's :sound samples here

are they better than your examples?

• Members
Originally posted by derek_32999

Agreed. Honestly, if you want a great vibe try the ultra vibe (not made anymore by Bob Sweet. It is supposed to be exactly like the mojo vibe, but it has a little more oomph to my ears), or Ubervibe by retroman. Vibe in stereo is sweet!!! The Foxrox provibe is top shelf also. Good luck!

How long have they been out...there are no reviews of it in the database?

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

How long have they been out...there are no reviews of it in the database?

You must be talking about the uber. It hasnt been out very long, and I think not many people are posting reviews on HC since the database was out of commision for so long. As a standalone vibe I honestly liked the ultra the best.

The provibe was awesome built into the captain coconut2 because you can hit it with the fuzz or octave with the ECS control and the vibe would go faster or slower depending on how hard you hit the strings (I liked that best hitting it with the octave, which gave some hellacious spaceship sounds).

The uber is just awesome in stereo. The mojo cant touch it in that respect. One speaker is in a valley and one is at a peak. Kinda makes ya dizzy. LOL

Archived