Two amps - controllable delay effect between

• Members

Here's my question. I want to have to amps on either side of me, with the signal going into both. For one of the amps, I want the signal to be slightly delayed(as if something played on the first amp, then the same thing like a 1/4 second later is played on the second amp), and I want to switch between having that delay inbetween amps or not. Also, i want to be able to switch between a mode using just the regular single amp, and the one i just described above. Hope that makes some sense. Here's a diagram:

delay.jpg

As for switching between the two modes I could put a volume pedal between amp 1 and 2. And for the delay I could put a delay pedal inbetween the two amps as well, but I'm not sure if this will get my desired effect. I want something to come out of amp 1, then 1/4 a second later come out of amp2. A delay pedal will only make them both play simultaneously, but amp2 having a delay.

Any ideas?

(Listen to Maggot Brain to get my overall idea of what I'm trying to do)

• Members

well a lot of delay pedals allow you to have 100% mix which means the only signal coming back out of the pedal would be the effected signal. so you could just have ONE repeat come out of the other amp. or you could use a really really really long cable. or something. but yeah. for instance my dl4 does that

Archived