OT: Bonnaroo

• Members

why? You have an extra ticket? can i get a ride?

just kidding. no i'm not, but i would really love to. why could'nt i've been born rich. i know son volt and about a million others. go ahead tell us about it.

• Members

dido elvis costello, and my morning jacket, radiohead, sonic youth, beck, death cab, tom petty.

hold on a minute man, as cool as this festival is, i mean all these great artist. i mean truley innovative acts. and here we are on a musician owned forum. and were the only 2 fellows who are intrested in bonnaroo. is this festival that widely unknown. Or are we just 2 guys who belong to a tiny civilization of people who are not lame to great things.

crickets

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

I'd go, but it is 200 bucks that could be better spent on recording my first record or buying a pedal, plus I head Bonnaroo is pretty drug-filled, and I really hate being around drugs.

Why does it bother you to be around drugs? I would think that one could enjoy music regardless of what people around him were "on."

• Members

Maybe because most people don't want to be around stinky hippies?

I went last year, and there were TONS of hippies. And yes they smelled. Plus, by the 3rd day of the festival, it was getting to Woodstock-like conditions because of the constant rain. There was mud EVERYWHERE, and it all smelled like raw sewage.

I must admit that this year's lineup is way better than last year's though. But I'm going to Lollapalooza instead.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

how does some dirty hippie festival all of a sudden grab some amazing indie acts and get rad ?

I'd actually prefer it to stay a dirty hippie festival. I'd love to go and see Bela Fleck, Moe., Medeski Martin and Wood, Rusted Root and Blues traveler, and certainly Buddy Guy.

RadioHead and the like i could care less about.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

:bor:
hey dude, lets kick the hackeysack !
:idea:

i don't see what everyone has against hippies, they are mostly fun loving people. It's the wookie's that are the issue. Jump from festival to festival selling fake drugs and stealing {censored}...get it straight

• Members

I went to the first two and had a blast, but I swore I would never go again. Then I saw the line up, with some of my favorite acts and my wife's all-time favorite acts (G. Love & Ben Folds), so I was actually pressured into going.

I just found out that the bass player in the band of which I am a part is heading part of the Burning Man area of Centeroo this year. He will be playing synth / laptop ambient weirdness. I hope to gain VIP bathroom privledges by helping him move equipment. Maybe see if he can sneak in one of my songs.

Hippies, wasted drunks, e-tards, spastic trippers, the multitude of normal looking people (like me) who occasionally enjoy the bud, and lots of cute (and not cute) girls walking around wearing only body paint... there is no better people watching experience.

Archived