Looking for cheap vibe - want wobble

loofery

• Members

So basically I want a vibe new or used with a budget of $150.

Things I've looked at:

Voodoo

Rotovibe

MagicBoy

Now the thing is, I think I need some serious wobble, cause I especicially want to cop the tone of 'Any Colour You Like' off of Floyd's DSOTM, along with 'Badge' and the usual Trower, Hendrix, etc...

But keep in mind I can't afford the stuff like captain coconut and mojo vibe..

Also I hear the Voodoo is not great at the actual vibe part, and I'm not big on the Dunlop, and the MagicBoy although it looks great apparently will not get me enough wobble...

Are there any other options?

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by derek_32999

+1 on the SCH-1, BUT you may wanna look into the newer arion chorus as they are the SAME circuit as the old ones
:idea:

i was afraid to mention that, mostly because i havent yet tried one. very curious though.

• Members

I haven't tried one either, but a few respected DIY'ers that reverse engineered the SCHEM say it is the same. It was on TGP (so I cant go back to check for SURE). :( I have the sch-1 and it is killer. Then again it sounds VERY familiar to my dano rocky road (or vice versa).

• Members
Originally posted by derek_32999

A used mojo vibe is under $150 and you be all end all vibe for what you want. I really like the retroman ubervibe (stereo vibe), but think I am gonna go a cheaper route (maybe mojo, or ultravibe)

I searched the bay and the cheapest shipped was $230 :confused:

• Members

K so any other ideas?

So far I've got the MoFaux vs the MagicBoy.
Both $150.
Both only one knob.
MB is brighter.

Does anyone who has the MB know if the internal trimpot can get me increased wobble? :cool:

• Members

playdabluze

"I had a Magic Boy for a time, and no matter how I set the internal trim pot or the bigass external dial I'd always get this watery, phase-y type of vibe. Just wasn't my thang.
Traded it straight up for a Mo-Faux vibe. Much more natural and organic-sounding (IMHO). Plus, it takes AC power, whereas the Magic Boy didn't."

..I don't want a phasey sound.
The mofaux's clips sound awesome, I think this is the one.

Any rebuttles?

• Members

The MoFaux is awesome. I love mine, it does the dark side thing perfectly! When its dialed down it sounds alot like breathe. When you turn it up you get any colour like you and further turn it up for machine gun hendrix sounds. I'm selling mine because I just got laid off from work and need the money. If your interested in a cheap and excellent vibe sound then I highly suggest this pedal. I just purchased mine new from musictoyz a month ago, its in like new condition. Check out the reviews and sweet sound has some clips I believe on the website. Take it easy,

joe

Archived