what happens when montag listens to slowdive? (mp3 within)

Montag

• Members

go to http://www.myspace.com/timboltrenfrew (this is my sister's boyfriend) and listen to "Love Song For Neko Case". the compression is bad, sorry.

we wrote and recorded it in two hungover hours a couple saturdays ago in his basement. we drank lots of juice together. i played guitar and synth horns, he played synth drums and did all the mixing and engineerin'.

• Members

nice relaxed Air-like track.

i'm not big on the synthy brass but then again i'm not big on any synthy brass. start out with brass, replace with bubbly Farfisa sound and you've got a customer right here! :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

nice relaxed Air-like track.

i'm not big on the synthy brass but then again i'm not big on any synthy brass. start out with brass, replace with bubbly Farfisa sound and you've got a customer right here!
:wave:

yeah, unfortunately his trumpet playing room mate (and my coworker where i teach, actually) wasnt home to lay down that part, so we synth'd it. it's cheesy, but the film maker friend of mine asked for a "cheesy song to play while a guy is crying and shooting zombies"

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

yeah, unfortunately his trumpet playing room mate (and my coworker where i teach, actually) wasnt home to lay down that part, so we synth'd it. it's cheesy, but the film maker friend of mine asked for a "cheesy song to play while a guy is crying and shooting zombies"

you're a TEACHER?!

:eek:

oh dear lor...i mean....hm...interesting. what do you teach?

• Members

you're a TEACHER?!

:eek:

oh dear lor...i mean....hm...interesting. what do you teach?

oh, dont worry, im only a guitar teacher.

i also work in a CD store.

• Members

oh, i guess ill give you a gear run down:

all guitars are epiphone dot (gibson 57 classic pickups)>dd20>digi002 rack unit. we ran the four distorted guitar tracks through guitar rig. the drums, bass, and horns are reason deals with an m-audio oxygen controller. pretty simple.

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

oh, dont worry, im only a guitar teacher.

i also work in a CD store.

whew...

our children's minds are safe...

i have a friend who works in a CD store. maybe you know him? name's Marc? he's a white guy, wears pants, works in a CD store? no? hm...

• Members

whew...

our children's minds are safe...

i have a friend who works in a CD store. maybe you know him? name's Marc? he's a white guy, wears pants, works in a CD store? no? hm...

oh yeah, pants marc. good guy.

Archived