Just bought my first blackface Fender....

zhivago

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Jeztastic

So you not even using the AD900 anymore?

not really...to be quite honest, I've only really used delay 5-10% of the time for most of my guitar playing life

it's weird, now that I've been pressed for cash (saving up for my place), I've sat down GAS-free and though about exactly what I use and what I seem to own just for the sake of owning it...hence all these gear purges...it's not because I don't like the items...it's just that I never use them

the Musicmaster Bass Amp head is up to go on ebay next....I cannot afford to keep two amps....I need to cover the expense of the 2x10.

shame really, as I just got it fixed up, extension jack and fuse installed etc.

ah well :)

• Members
Originally posted by zhivago

thanks Paul!!

yeah...it's meant to be 30/35...conflicting views online...I think you're right..it's 30 watts...should be just about great with a band as I use the super duper
:)

I believe the tremolo "eats up" about 5 watts, which is why you see that discrepancy. 35 wats w/o tremolo, 30 watts when you engage the trem.

• Members

not really...to be quite honest, I've only really used delay 5-10% of the time for most of my guitar playing life

it's weird, now that I've been pressed for cash (saving up for my place), I've sat down GAS-free and though about exactly what I use and what I seem to own just for the sake of owning it...hence all these gear purges...it's not because I don't like the items...it's just that I never use them

the Musicmaster Bass Amp head is up to go on ebay next....I cannot afford to keep two amps....I need to cover the expense of the 2x10.

shame really, as I just got it fixed up, extension jack and fuse installed etc.

ah well

i'm also GAS-free and actually thinking of selling of some stuff. i have a moog ringmod which im just using as a trem (which it does quite good), but it an expensive pedal just to use as a tremolo.. i also haven't used my fuzzfactory for quite some time now..

i'll see how the band goes, maybe i will sell al the crap and just buy a good amp! :)

are you buying a house in london? :)

• Members
Originally posted by hbar

I believe the tremolo "eats up" about 5 watts, which is why you see that discrepancy. 35 wats w/o tremolo, 30 watts when you engage the trem.

I see...so if I use the normal channel only, I get 35 watts?

• Members
Originally posted by Robzilla

are you buying a house in london?

a one bed flat in London is achievable, I think.

I still need to save all the way till the end of this year, but it's worth it...my own pad...two vintage Jazzmasters, the Tremolux, a Super Duper and me.

• Members

a one bed flat in London is achievable, I think.

I still need to save all the way till the end of this year, but it's worth it...my own pad...two vintage Jazzmasters, the Tremolux, a Super Duper and me.

that's great :) london is just stupid expensive house-wise..

• Members

I see...so if I use the normal channel only, I get 35 watts?

I think you get 35 with either channel, but whenever you engage the trem is when power is diverted. At this point I can offer no evidence that this is true, but iirc, my bandmaster has a tiny drop in volume with the trem on, even with both knobs zeroed. I guess you'll find out when you take delivery.

• Members

I think you get 35 with either channel, but whenever you engage the trem is when power is diverted. At this point I can offer no evidence that this is true, but iirc, my bandmaster has a tiny drop in volume with the trem on, even with both knobs zeroed. I guess you'll find out when you take delivery.

I see...so what happens when you jump the channels?

• Members

what's involved in this job?
:(

I really don't wanna use step-down transformers

if you are happy for the thing to just light up when you plug it into the mains and don't care much about the tone, not a lot. cut some wires, bolt out the old trannie, bolt in the new one, easy

• Members

Not sure I follow.

you know when you plug the guitar on channel 1 input 1 and then take a patch cable into channel 2....apparently then you can mix and match both channels?

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

if you are happy for the thing to just light up when you plug it into the mains and don't care much about the tone, not a lot. cut some wires, bolt out the old trannie, bolt in the new one, easy

• Members

you know when you plug the guitar on channel 1 input 1 and then take a patch cable into channel 2....apparently then you can mix and match both channels?

I know you can do that on some marshalls, I didn't know you could do that on old Fenders. Sorry, you have reached the end of my knowledge. :o:(

• Members

I know you can do that on some marshalls, I didn't know you could do that on old Fenders. Sorry, you have reached the end of my knowledge.
:o:(

not to worry, you've been great help :)

• Members
Originally posted by Mr 100

Hey mate-

You've got my number, right? Ring me or PM me and I can help you with this one... so glad you've joined the club my friend!

All the best,

Tre

hey Tre!!

how's it going?

it's nice to be in the club!!! :)

I'll PM you!!!!

John

• Members

hehe...thanks Eric...my rig's changed so much ever since I joined a band.

I'm pretty much sticking to the Jazzmasters and the Super Duper...no other pedals...and now this amp should be great!

congrats.

i use a similar type of setup (well with some more pedals :) )

'66 bandmaster which is very similar to that amp from what i can tell, but i dont' really know. 40 watts i think?
needs new caps and i'd love a new cab for it....

i also want a SHO but i just use a compressor and high volume... Mmm tasty.

hope you like it, could someone point out to me the differences between our amps?

• Members
Originally posted by iwantpedals

hope you like it, could someone point out to me the differences between our amps?

I think the main difference is that the Tremolux has a tube rectifier, and the Bandmaster has a soild state one.

which means the Bandmaster (which has a bit more power too) stays clean more.

• Members

Beautiful amp, John!:cool:

I hope everything works out with the 110v/230v conversion, if anyone can help you, Tre can.

Let us know what you do and how you do it. I'd be keen on a US amp with the exchange rate being what it is and all...

Best of luck mate!:thu:

• Members

thanks Papa!!

write me a poem!!!

Oh tremolux
You're wet and wild
A vibrato drenched dual superhardon echo chamber tone
Will spark from the strings of my jazzmasterbone
Like the trim of a luxembourg whore
Prescription ointment will be your saving grace.

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

Oh tremolux

You're wet and wild

A vibrato drenched dual superhardon echo chamber tone

Will spark from the strings of my jazzmasterbone

Like the trim of a luxembourg whore

Prescription ointment will be your saving grace.

picture-19.jpg

Archived