Does anyone make transparent t-shirt transfer inkjet paper?

MBET

• Members

Been making my first BYOC pedal (compressor). It's been a fun project. I was able to populate the board in just a couple hours. First time I've held a soldering iron in years.

For labeling the top I want to use t-shirt transfer inkjet printer paper. I saw someone elses job and it looked fantastic.

I bought the Avery Dark T-shirt paper but I discovered that it is an opaque white material. I hadn't noticed on the other guys web post because he had painted his pedal white. I want to use this great orange paint instead.

I need clear t-shirt transfer sheets for inkjet printers. Does anyone know of any?

Has anyone tried the Avery brand light fabric t-shirt transfer paper? Is it transparent? Translucent? Opaque?

Anyone know of other brands that are transparent?

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

I have some at my work but I dunno where they get it from.

clear Inkjet t-shirt material?

I searched the DIY forum and mainly found info about waterslide material.

• Members

Originally posted by MBET

Been making my first BYOC pedal (compressor). It's been a fun project. I was able to populate the board in just a couple hours. First time I've held a soldering iron in years.

For labeling the top I want to use t-shirt transfer inkjet printer paper. I saw someone elses job and it looked fantastic.

I bought the Avery Dark T-shirt paper but I discovered that it is an opaque white material. I hadn't noticed on the other guys web post because he had painted his pedal white. I want to use this great orange paint instead.

I need clear t-shirt transfer sheets for inkjet printers. Does anyone know of any?

Has anyone tried the Avery brand light fabric t-shirt transfer paper? Is it transparent? Translucent? Opaque?

Anyone know of other brands that are transparent?

i thought this Canon iron on transfer paper was transparent - but one thing - you HAVE to make your background transparent on your graphics - if you set your graphics program to draw on a white background, that's what your printer will print.

does that make any sense?

• Members

I'd use the waterslide stuff.

You can get both laser waterslide and inkjet waterslide.

The t-shirt transfers are cool if done correctly, but they actually take a bit of practice to get right. With the waterslide decals, you can just peel them off if you screw something up.

The key is to put a coat of clearcoat on the pedal, then a couple of coats of clearcoat on the waterslide decal (make sure you're putting very light coats on so your ink doesn't run).

Then wait at least 24 hours for both of those to dry, apply the waterslide decal, and do another few coats of clearcoat.

Comes out looking pretty nice.

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

The key is to put a coat of clearcoat on the pedal...

I already have three coats of paint on the pedal. Is the clear coat on the pedal before putting on the waterslide decal necessary? If so, what function does it serve?

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

i thought this Canon iron on transfer paper was transparent - but one thing - you HAVE to make your background transparent on your graphics - if you set your graphics program to draw on a white background, that's what your printer will print.

does that make any sense?

No. Printers don't have white ink in them.

• Members

Originally posted by MBET

I already have three coats of paint on the pedal. Is the clear coat on the pedal before putting on the waterslide decal necessary? If so, what function does it serve?

It only needs to be a light coat. It seems to help hide the "seam" where the decal ends.

Archived