MXR Phase 90 r28 mod problem

• Members

I think the trimpot adjusts the bias on the IC....just adjust it until you find the sweet spot, which is in the middle of the sweep. At both extremes of the sweep you'll get no phasing...

• Members

That trimpot has to be in just the right place. Even the tiniest bit off and it is messed up. try it again, but turn it really slowly and in very small incriments. If thats not it, then I don't have a clue. Good luck. Oh, check all the the solder points around R28 just in case you weren't the best with the soldering iron. Make sure you don't have a thin strand of solder working as a jumper between points.

• Members

I de-soldered the resistor from the back of the circuit board, then after trying it out and realizing there was no phase, I re-soldered it.

I know my basic soldering as I've wired my own guitars, pickups and some other pedals.

• Members

Ok, I'm still having trouble with this thing...and I'm kind of upset because it's an important part of my setup.

I checked the whole circuit-board and everything looks clean....nothing looks burnt or fried. I adjusted the trimpot slowly with the guitar in the signal and there's still no phasing.

Hopefully someone will have a solution...

• 3 months later...

Archived