quasar or moon phaser?

• Members

I've played both. I prefer the Quasar, but they're both top notch.

The Moon may sound a little smoother. I didn't care that much for the tremo-phase sounds, and the Moon controls are less intuitive. There's a lot of sweet spots in the Moon's range. It's more of an atmosphere sound.

The Quasar goes further - more resonance, more depth, more wild sounds, but it can be smooth too. I could figure out the controls easily. And it's purple!

my 2 cents

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by BmoreTele

I've played both. I prefer the Quasar, but they're both top notch.

The Moon may sound a little smoother. I didn't care that much for the tremo-phase sounds, and the Moon controls are less intuitive. There's a lot of sweet spots in the Moon's range. It's more of an atmosphere sound.

The Quasar goes further - more resonance, more depth, more wild sounds, but it can be smooth too. I could figure out the controls easily. And it's purple!

my 2 cents

:wave:

which one sounds closest to a small stone? looking for the small stone sound iwth more knobs, i mean, tweakability :D

• Members
Originally posted by puritycontrol

which one sounds closest to a small stone? looking for the small stone sound iwth more knobs, i mean, tweakability
:D

I've heard people say the moon sounds like the small stone.

• Members

the quasar does I nice "vibey" sound

it can get notched sounding like the small stone...but it won't be as "jet plane" sounding

the quasar is really a phaser for us guys that want one that's not going for a flange impression..smooth, flubby, rotating speaker sounding but not wooshy

plus it doesn't distort :love: great for us humbucker guys

• Members

Originally posted by The Friendly Ranger

Hmmm, not bad. I think I'll add the Quaser to my list of potentials.

those are bad clips tho

comparing what I can do next to the moon soundclips, I'll stick to the quasar

• Members

I'm going to go against the grain and say the complete opposite to everyone here-go for the moon phaser.

I tried both side by side and the quasar came out sounding a lot thinner to my ears.

Also i totally disagree with the comments that the moon phasers controls are not intuitive. I found the quaser much more difficult to get a good useable sound from.

But heck, that's just my opinion.

• Members

thanks for the clips and all the responses. i just got a decent deal on a used quasar so i guess that's what's coming first. i had to bite cause it came to less than half of a new moon phaser. if i'm relatively happy with it i'm gonna splurge for a TZF flanger, if not then it'll have to wait while i go on to try the moon phaser :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

ok got a Quasar here with me and i love it, my question is, does the Moon Phaser have the same versatility? if it does AND sounds warmer (more syrupy small stonish) then i'd have to go out and try the MP, if not, then i'll stick with the Quasar

Archived