Whats a good speaker to put in a Pro Jr.?

• Members

I know wrong forum.... yada yada yada, but I know theres guys here that have Pro Jrs. with different speakers in it

Im looking at the weber signature 10 speakers, but im not sure which to go with, the alnico or the ceramic.

I use the amp clean and somewhat driven, but usually not dimed. I also use pedals for my dirt, (Crunch box and Blues Driver, Big Muff)

Any suggestions on which speaker to put in it?

• Members

A lot of people really like the Eminence Rajun Cajun in that amp. It has a big arsed magnet and can put out a nice full bass. It would fit in well with your gain requirments. Great for clean and blues to rock OD. Good headroom too. check reviews for tonal details.

• Members

i have a Vintage 10 in mine. It's better than stock.

As far as cheap, small portable, low watt, crank'n amps the Gibson goldtone Gs-15 RV is spanking the hell out of the PJ.

The PJ is getting used as a backup these days...and I really dig the PJ.

• Members

I'm not sure the alnico would fit in that amp. Even if it does, it's not what you want because alnico speakers generally have lower headroom than ceramic, hence your clean headroom will fall.

A lot of people like Weber blue dogs in the Blues Jr, so a 10" blue pup might work.

Archived