Share your FD2 settings and what type of music you play

dsazz

• Members

I have the FD2 10th anniversary edition. I have the options to power it at 18volts, so even though the effect vs the 9 volts power is pretty minimal, I still do so. It makes the pedal more ' alive' , transparant and open.

I play rock, funk and blues type of music. I use the pedal to add a sort of marshall plexi grind to my clean sound, so very open and gritty if I hit the strings hard and clean if I play softly. The flatmids position is perfect for that and the mosfet mode sounds more open and dynamic than the stock modus, so I use that. With the boost engaged I get a really nice rock overdrive.

I play with a koch classictone and a custom strat with kinmans and a seymour duncan aph-2 in the bridge

Volume 11:00 tone 14:00 gain 10:30 boost 15:00

• Members

Originally posted by dsazz

and to think that i thought this place was resourceful...thanks for your input fellas....{censored}ers.

Hey, thanks.

I got rid of my FD2, no matter what, it sounded "tacked on" to the sound. It made me realize that I just don't like tube screamers.

• Members

I've got a "pre-FM" pedal, I run it @ 18V, just because...I don't think it makes a huge difference. Settings are

1:00

2:00

10:00

5:00

Plus or minus, depending on whether I kick them trying to hit the second row of pedals.

Archived