The latest Whammy pedal...

• Members

..is, according to Digitech advertising, "...activated by a sturdy footswitch that takes you in and out of a TRUE BYPASS."

...why is it I read elsewhere that the Whammy reissue isn't true bypass? I can't see Digitech making such a bold lie, wouldn't do much for credibility.

So who's right?

...by the way, this is the Whammy I'm talking about:

http://www.digitech.com/ftp_mirror/PDFs/Catalogs%20CutSheets/WhammyBrochure.pdf

...it doesn't really say here that it's the WH-4, but I'm assuming so.

Anybody wanna comment?

• Members

....check the second page of that flyer, lower left picture of the switch...it indicates it takes it "in and out of true bypass".

If that's NOT the case then Digitech are false and slimey. I've been told by a dealer that, yes, these are true bypass.

I'm not sure who to trust on this anymore!...

I haven't gotten an email back from Digitech when I inquired last week.

• Members

the whammy is a digital effect. Any way you do it it's going to be digital. The only "analog whammy" you are going to get is a whammy bar . That and some delay pitch shifting or something.

The first gen are said to sound better and perhaps..more "analog" but are still digital. I'm sure there are threads on this...do a search....

• Members

Originally posted by atarilovesyou

...ok, another question....was the first gen Whammy true bypass?....also, was it analog?...Now I hear the Whammy 4 is digital while the first was analog...is that true?

Damn, the SECRETS..ahaha! Maybe Dr Phil can help.

The first gen wasn't analog or true bypass.

It had different software that supposedly tracks a bit better but still digital all the way. Pitch shifting is meant to sound a bit digital...i'm cool with digital shifting. Octave effects and stuff are kinda a different story but

when you're doing something as odd as shifting, then digital is an advantage not an obstacle.

Archived