Ibanez 99 series rehousing questions

DrCreep

• Members

I hate posting this in two forums, but I think I might get some good advice from here as well.

Long story short, I'm looking to rehouse some of the old 99 series pedals from Ibanez. I'm curious if anyone around here has experience rehousing pedals from this series.

Details are over in my DIY thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1256478

Thanks for your help guys.

-Doc

• Members

Originally posted by Godin73

Oh please don't do that, they're beautiful
:(

I had to laugh at that :)

You're absolutely right though. I do kinda hate doing it, they are very distinctive in their looks.

I will say though that I don't plan on doing anything to destroy them. I really want to make it so I can rehouse them in their original case if I ever decide to.

My RC99 is a very low serial number, and it's in brand new condition. I have a hard time putting it on a board where it will get messed up just by being used. Same story with my Tube King. The AD99 that I'm getting has already been refinnished, but is also a low number (>200). My main concern is pedalboard real estate. I'd do the delay first before I'd mess with the chorus and tube king, but it's kind of like having an antique car... You wanna drive it, but don't want to destroy it. I want to use these pedals (otherwise why have them), but I wouldn't ming having a housing that I won't mind having beat up a bit and also having the benefit of being able to fit my pedals on my board properly.

-Doc

• Members

I use my RC99 for about three songs or something. Slow deep chorus for one and a light, warbly sound for two others. And yes, it's huge, but I'm still keeping it on my board. Wouldn't dare to put another one there. Either I go without chorus or the RC's staying there ! It sounds just great !

You see, it's very to convince yourself when you have peptalks like this :D

Archived