Line 6 DL-4 vs. Keeley Modded DD-3

BandFan

• Members

I have a Boss DD-3 and was thinking of having it modded by keeley.

I've recently wondered what the deal was with all those green Line 6 pedals I see on so many pedal boards, and now after reading a bit about the DL-4, I'm wondering if it might be better to spend an extra $150 (the keeley mod would have costed me $100 on my DD-3) and just get the DL-4.

I've not yet heard the DL-4, just read reviews, but is this pedal a must have and would I be better in the long run relying on the DL-4 for delay (plus all the other looping features) instead of my DD-3?

• Members

They're two very different pedals. The DL-4 is a modeler that can do everything from lo-fi analog delays to reverse delays, to volume swells, to looping. It's definitely the more versatile of the two.

The Keeley DD-3 is a digital delay with 3 levels of hi-cut that gives you the feel of digital, analog, and an in-between setting. It also has a killer effect loop that allows you to place other effects (chorus, fuzz, trem, etc...) in the loop and only affect the delayed signal.

I've owned both, I still have the Keeley on my board. It's my only remaining digital delay. I'd buy another DL-4 if they ever improved the build quality.

• Members

This is where somebody posts about how the DD20 is a superior device, with less reliability issues.

And this is where I say that I've had my DL4 since they first came out and I've never had any problems.

And here is where some other joker chimes in about how he had 5 DOA from Guitar Center.

And now is when somebody says "use the frigging serch function!:mad: "

And then GuyaGuy rags on their spelling.

And then I stop reading this thread.

• Members
Originally posted by hbar

This is where somebody posts about how the DD20 is a superior device, with less reliability issues.

And this is where I say that I've had my DL4 since they first came out and I've never had any problems.

And here is where some other joker chimes in about how he had 5 DOA from Guitar Center.

And now is when somebody says "use the frigging serch function!
:mad:
"

And then GuyaGuy rags on their spelling.

And then I stop reading this thread.

Didn't mean to start a redundant thread, but I DID use the search function and kept getting an error:
"The search term you specified (6) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific."

So I said {censored} it. I did't intend to start a raging debate between the two pedals, I just wanted opinions on how to best spend my money (I already have the DD-3) and thoughts about each.

• Members
Originally posted by BandFan

Didn't mean to start a redundant thread, but I DID use the search function and kept getting an error:

"The search term you specified (6) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific."

So I said {censored} it. I did't intend to start a raging debate between the two pedals, I just wanted opinions on how to best spend my money (I already have the DD-3) and thoughts about each.

Sorry, my post wasnt a knock on you, but I guess it could easily read that way. It was meant to be a knock on the predictibility of certain peeps in this forum. No worries. Having only ever used a DD5 and a DL4, I have little to contribute at this juncture. :o

Archived