"Switchless" Wahs

PFDarkside

• Members

Are the only options for switchless wahs Morley and the Ibanez Weeping Demon? I'm interested in a completely modern wah, almost the opposite of how I've heard the Picture Wah described (transparent, etc...) I think the Morley Tremonti would fit the bill, any opinions on this wah?

• Members

the silvermachine wah is also switchless. well actually not really, it has a switch to choose between modern and vintage.
nice wah, had the first version, but sold that a long time ago. bit to modern for me i guess. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by PFDarkside

I was also wondering about the Bad Horsie 2. I'm only vaugely familiar with it, though. What kind of adjustments/tweaking can be done with the pots? Are there basically two wahs in one with the footswitch?

It has a contour control and a level control. To be honest, I really don't use the contour wah. I like the sound of the normal wah. It requires use of the switch anyway. ;)

I guess you could say that it's two wahs in one.

• Members
Originally posted by Richard Guy

Boss EX-7, not your typical 'switch' design. Two wah settings (Cry Baby and Clyde McCoy) and 7 assignable OD/Distortions to add or not
:freak:

That's Digitech you're thinking of, compadre. :thu: Boss has a V-wah.. but I think it's switchless.

The Digitech isn't either.. it switches on like a normal wah. It just has a heel switch added for turning on the distortions.

• Members
Originally posted by comfortablynumb

That's Digitech you're thinking of, compadre.
:thu:
Boss has a V-wah.. but I think it's switchless.

The Digitech isn't either.. it switches on like a normal wah. It just has a heel switch added for turning on the distortions.

The Boss V-wah is not switchless. There's a switch in the toe for bypass and a switch in the heal for presets.

• Members

the dunlop bass wah has no switch, its not intended for use with guitar due to the freq response of the filter but theres no reason you couldnt put the circuit of your favorie wah in there...Omar (guy from mars volta) actually uses one of these stock I believe.

• Members
Originally posted by Richard Guy

Hello comfortablynumb,

I cannot see either the heel (or toe) switch as you can see on conventional wahs. Its of a different 'switching' design. The two wahs in the EX-7 are very nice
:thu:

Well, you're right.. it's not a conventional switch.. but it works the same way as regular wah pedals.. as in you have to press down (rather hard) to turn it on. I guess that's what I meant. I never got around to trying out the wahs in my EX7, don't really need them. I hear they are good though.

• Members

Originally posted by 68CUSTOMLESPAUL

I have the VWah and I would call it switchless? Not sure what you mean but it "switches" by use of infrared........

You need to press hard at the toe to turn the pedal on. That's the switch. With the switchless, all you need to do is put your foot on the pedal.

The infrared is used to detect the pedal position (instead of the standard wah pot), but there are still switches for changing bypass and presets.

Archived