[Semi OT] Emergency! Princeton and Pro Reverb Weight? Fell on daughter's foot

iodine74

• Members

Anyone know how much a Silverface Princeton or Silverface Pro Reverb weighs?

Just got a call from my wife and somehow my 5 year old ended up pulling over my amps (Princeton was on top of the Pro). I think the Princeton kinda missed her, but the Pro (on casters) tipped and got her foot. My wife is gonna take her up for an x-ray -- foot had a dark bruise immediately.

I'm guessing the Princeton is upper 30lbs, and the Pro probably 75-85lbs?

Anyone got some better nubmers?

• Members

From what my wife said, the Princeton got her in the head somewhat, the Pro got her foot.

For all intents and purpsoses the Pro is a Silverface (actually an '81-'82 Blackface but has the increased wattage and MV like the silvers). I don't know if the weight of those would have been different than the 60s pros that were only ~45watts.

Yeah, not concerned about my amps much. Both need work anyways. I've had the Princeton since '88 or so, and never done a retube or had any work, but it's starting to get some volume fading in and out occuring, as well as some fuzziness. And the Pro has it's own issue.. has a low hum when it comes on... even without anything plugged in, and regardless of volume levels.

• Members

Originally posted by iodine74

From what my wife said, the Princeton got her in the head somewhat, the Pro got her foot.

For all intents and purpsoses the Pro is a Silverface (actually an '81-'82 Blackface but has the increased wattage and MV like the silvers). I don't know if the weight of those would have been different than the 60s pros that were only ~45watts.

Yeah, not concerned about my amps much. Both need work anyways. I've had the Princeton since '88 or so, and never done a retube or had any work, but it's starting to get some volume fading in and out occuring, as well as some fuzziness. And the Pro has it's own issue.. has a low hum when it comes on... even without anything plugged in, and regardless of volume levels.

those are the weights of the silverface models i quoted you....

• Members

Thanks, yeah she's going through this phase where she doesn't want to listen to anything we say. So if she was messing with something it's her own fault to a degree, she's been told not to mess with my stuff.

My wife said she was sitting on the floor when it happened, so my guess is she had to have been pulling on a cable connected to them or somehow wrapped around the cables.. or had the cables wrapped around our 91lb Golden Retriever who might have taken off quickly and got caught up in them. Who knows.

• Members

Foot's not broken. She's fine... slightly miscolored from the bruise, but that's about it. She was jumping around when I got home from work.

As far as the amps. Haven't checked them out yet... so we'll see. My buddy at work was telling me that this was a perfect excuse to put in a plug for an AC30. "oh yeah honey, if I had THIS amp it never woulda tipped over" ;)

Archived