DD series VS DE-7.

• Members

Hello,

How do you think the DE-7 compares with the Boss DD series? Such as the DD3, 5, and 6.

I would first like to be able to choose between the DE7 and the DD series first, and then I'll move on to deciding if I would go for the tap-tempo in the DD5 and DD6.

Thanks for the help.

• Members

I have a DE-7 and a DD-3.

The DE-7 sounds great for the echo mode, simulating analog decay but the straight digital mode side sounds weak to me. I get alot of distortion in the signal.

The DD-3 is a better digital delay in my opinion. Much more clean and usable. I have the DD-3 on my gigging board as well as an AD-9 to cover both digital and analog.

The DE-7 stays at home for my practice amp and I only really use the echo mode. It doesn't sound as good as my vintage AD-9 but it gets close enough for bedroom playing.

I have used the DD-6 but I don't need the other features, just want a straight up digital delay.

• Members

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Seems like the DD3 is good for straight-up digital delay? I'd always thought that the DE7 was good for delay, so apparently only its Echo function shines?

You changed my thoughts about the DD6, so the functions on it are pretty {censored}ty so to speak?

So outta the bunch, a DD3 is still recommended?

What about the BYOC digital delay? How's that for you guys?

• Members
Originally posted by inlifeisdeath

Seems like the DD3 is good for straight-up digital delay?

You changed my thoughts about the DD6, so the functions on it are pretty {censored}ty so to speak?

What about the BYOC digital delay? How's that for you guys?

the byoc is nice but the de-7 can do what the byoc can and more. plus the de-7 self oscillates :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by inlifeisdeath

Seems like the DD3 is good for straight-up digital delay? I'd always thought that the DE7 was good for delay, so apparently only its Echo function shines?

ok well i got a dd-3 and a dod anlog dealy i have played the de-7 and i like it but i opted for the dd-3, i have an analod dealy for the echo stuff, boss are very durable , and though the de7 looks an feels sturdy i dunno about the knobs, i paid $70 for the dd3, i couldnt pass that up. the dd-3 can be modded for "analog" sounds. did i mention they are very reliable?

if i was in your position and your buying new, id go for the de-7 on the cheap, if you are whilling to spend the money for a dd-6 , you should definetely give the dd-20 and the line 6 echo park a try.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I was under the impression that the BYOC self oss'es also, no?

i believe it doesnt , but dont know for sure as i've never played one. it does get great reviews, im asuming t doesnt cause i hear that it doesnt repeat too many times.

• Members

Originally posted by usa83strat

i believe it doesnt , but dont know for sure as i've never played one. it does get great reviews, im asuming t doesnt cause i hear that it doesnt repeat too many times.

I think you may be wrong then ... the BYOC website states that it does indeed self oss and I spoke to another forumite not two days ago who said it does the Echoplex self oss thing ...

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I think you may be wrong then ... the BYOC website states that it does indeed self oss and I spoke to another forumite not two days ago who said it does the Echoplex self oss thing ...

sweet, its definetely going on my to get/do list :thu:

• Members

contribute my virgin post...
i prefer xdd, beside the pretty digi delay, it has a tape delay for playing classic blues and something mellow, which dd20 has that, but costs too much, and, the modulation delay is very useful, especially when u've no a chrous pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by wwwe

contribute my virgin post...

i prefer xdd, beside the pretty digi delay, it has a tape delay for playing classic blues and something mellow, which dd20 has that, but costs too much, and, the modulation delay is very useful, especially when u've no a chrous pedal.

What is an xdd?

Archived