Guitar trading advice, please!!

• Members

So, i have this SG. I like it i guess. I don't really play it though. I was just in sam ash playing a fender mustang. It was a beautiful cream color with a tortoise shell pick guard. I want it I want it I want it.

Should i just suck it up and get rid of my SG? I don't really play it... I don't really like humbuckers...

It'll still be so hard to part with. Also, i might be able to get more than the guitar out of the trade, because the SG's probably worth more.

:confused:

this, but i'm pretty sure it's '90:

sgs-hc.jpg

for this:

0273705541_md.jpg

• Members

cool looking stang!. though i've never been much in the "offset" guitars, and im thinking my next axe will be either an SG or Tele. Just make sure they dont rip you off, tehy will try and make it a Even trade or might ask you to pay something for the stang, seen it a million times i used to work at Sam ash, and a Mom and pop store. be prepared to walk out if they dont give you a decent trade in price on the SG, and do walk out of they try and rip you off. ask questions and make sure you are a getting a fair deal.

my 2 cents

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

if you don't play it, why have it, right?

sell the SG on ebay or in the SPAM thread here or on HCEG. you'll get twice what the shop will offer.

and yes that IS a cool looking Mustang.

+ lots!
Good advice indeed!
Guitar shops will RAPE you!
:thu:

• Members

although I like single coils myself, I'd never have the heart to get rid of my SG. It plays wayyy too well for me. I've considered putting P90s in it myself.

If I were you, I'd just save up for the mustang to have another guitar in your arsenal.

• Members

music is about inspiration

what is good tone? that's not really the right question

What is inspiring tone...inspiring to play...just plain fun?

The answer to the last question is different for every individual

You're not an SG guy???...you're a mustang guy???...{censored} it do the trade...be inspired

good luck with whatever you decide.

Archived