Does anyone know how welcoming fuzzes are to gain inputs?q

• Members

I'm thinking of adding a fuzz but I don't want to have to add pedals to the front of the amp since I have mainly a loop setup. I intend to use the fuzz in a purely fuzzy/noisey context...so I wa swondeiring if somethihng like a big muff would sound okay in the loop with the preamp of my recto goign into the input? So in a sense, the preamp would be acting like an overdrive while the fuzz would be acting like the preamp...

• Members

I mean I run a LPB1 at full tilt to my Big Muff and it really sounds good. If you do get a muff, it'll work great in front of the amp because all of the new reissues are truebypassed. But I mean you could try it. I'm guessing the preamp of the recto doesn't put out too much more db gain then a lpb. I'm assuming your giong to run the clean channel into it. Because it'd sound like butt running your gain channel into it.

• Members

Yeah I guess I would just have to try it. THe thing is, I like doing things with as minimal footwork as possible so if running a heavy gain channel into the big muff would work okay then thats definitely a plus for it. I just want to have a fuzz sound without having to run in front of the amp.

Archived