Can this be done?

Pete Rules

• Members

OK, my friend is running an Orange Rockerverb 100. What he wants to do is run the crunch channel for rhythm, then during solos, switch over to the clean channel which will be cranked up and driven by a distortion pedal. Is there anyway this can be accomplished besides simultaneously hitting the channel footswitch and the distortion box?

• Members
Originally posted by krazeexharhar

What's wrong with using a pushed clean channel for rhythms and then switching channels to have a pushed lead channel?
:confused:

well, your right, but that would be too easy. The orange amps sound killer, so we like using that tone.

• Members

Originally posted by sense_of_henry

This "friend", is it really you "Pete Rules"? I'd do it the other way around but if you really wanted to, your "friend" could set his pedals up so that his foot could push two switches at once.

you got me! no, its not, its the other guitarist in the band. but if there was an easy solution i might try it too. although i just run an eq flat with only the volume boosted through the fx loop.

• Members

Originally posted by Pete Rules

well, your right, but that would be too easy. The orange amps sound killer, so we like using that tone.

if you like the tone why not use it on da leads too, just boost da signal with the volume pedal or compressor.

• Members

OR if you really must change channels and use the external distortion pedal...

you need a DPDT custom box (3PDT if you need the LED) for 2 functions:
1. bypass for the pedal
2. remote amp switch

activated by one DPDT switch

I'm pretty sure analogman.com can build you one for less than 100 bucks...

• Members

Originally posted by Pete Rules

you got me! no, its not, its the other guitarist in the band. but if there was an easy solution i might try it too. although i just run an eq flat with only the volume boosted through the fx loop.

I dig the Radial solution, I have a couple products from them (sig) and think they are great. Costs a bit, but doesn't get much better.

Archived