Hmm - Should i Put A Tremolo Inbetween my 2 delays?

halltheod

• Members

i have a dd-3 and a dd-6 next to each other on my board, but im considering putting a tremolo pedal after the dd3 and before the dd6.

have any of you done this? if so what are the results like with say the dd3 on, and the trem on?

cheers

• Members

Go for it.

I would say after the DD-3, you would get a wobbly delay signal, both the original note and the repeats.

The tremelo before a delay, in this case your DD-6, the notes going into the delay would be at different volumes, so what comes out of the delay would sound pretty cool, anything from a ghostly in and out effect to choppy madness.

Best thing to do is just drop one in there and see what happens. I can't imagine it sounding {censored}ty.

• Members

Trem before delay definately should be more interesting, as the tremelo will have more of an influence on what the delay puts out, rather than just adding tremelo to the delayed signal after the fact.

Damn, I needs me a tremelo methinks. Yar.

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

i do it. it sounds awesome.

i use a Boss DD5 into a Line 6 tap trem that stereo feeds a Line 6 DL4.

when i set it on Pan, it's really buttery and dizzy.

sounds very cool.

i may pick up a cheap behringer trem, see how i get on with it, if im not into it get rid if i am get a better one ;)

intrested to see your board sonaboy - any pics?

• Members
Originally posted by halltheod

sounds very cool.

i may pick up a cheap behringer trem, see how i get on with it, if im not into it get rid if i am get a better one
;)

intrested to see your board sonaboy - any pics?

here's half of it.
Voodoo Labs PP2

Zoom Ultra Fuzz > Boss DD5 >Line 6 tap trem.

i used that Klon Centaur on loan from the studio. and i had a look at, but didn't use the Boss Super Feedbacker distortion.

the rest of the board is an Akai Headrush E1 and a Line 6 DL4. At the time i was also using an Effector 13 No Fi, but it's now sold. you can see that little orange box at the top left.

3830c3ad.jpg

GWampstack2.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by ZepFuzz05

This is something I have been wondering about. . .

If I have a delay pedal and a trem, which should go first in the signal chain?

Sounds like trem before delay is the way to go. Might as well try out both and see what works though.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Sounds like trem before delay is the way to go. Might as well try out both and see what works though.

actually, i like short/medium delay BEFORE trem for rhythm lines.

when the trem by itself bounces all over a delay, the cycles from both pedals are too hard to synch up, and it just ends up sounding like a big mess.

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

actually, i like short/medium delay BEFORE trem for rhythm lines.

when the trem by itself bounces all over a delay, the cycles from both pedals are too hard to synch up, and it just ends up sounding like a big mess.

Yeah for rhythm lines I can see how trem before delay could end up a huge mess. Damnit, I haven't been hit by GAS in a while but now you jerks are makin' me want a tremelo bad. Yar.

Archived