OT. Just inherited some electronic equipment. Help me out, whats this stuff do?

shawnc

• Members

I also got one of these. Except I think I blew something on it, was fiddling around with it and it went snap and suddenly there is a glowing green section on the screen(like the display blew up, any ideas on this guys and gals?

Cheers

• Members

ooh, i could use the signal generator, if you are interested in parting with it (cheaply, im broke) let me know.

the oscilloscope... try different settings, some settings on mine just make a green dot. also it looks old enough, it could be tube powered. you may have a tube that went bad.

• Members

Originally posted by shawnc

OT. Just inherited some electronic equipment. Help me out, whats this stuff do?

The first is a Starkit VMK2. Any idea what it is or what it does?

This looks like an old analog multimeter.

• Members

Originally posted by shawnc

I also got one of these. Except I think I blew something on it, was fiddling around with it and it went snap and suddenly there is a glowing green section on the screen(like the display blew up, any ideas on this guys and gals?

Cheers

The oscilloscope needs to be hooked up to something. It will show the wave of the signal. I have only used one once to check real time signals of a pair of dc switches and it was very different.

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

I would take this stuff over to the KSS forum and see if you have better luck ID'ing it all.

There is a KISS forum here??? i could not find this in the list of forums??? can someopne help me please??? :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by amanonfire

ooh, i could use the signal generator, if you are interested in parting with it (cheaply, im broke) let me know.

the oscilloscope... try different settings, some settings on mine just make a green dot. also it looks old enough, it could be tube powered. you may have a tube that went bad.

Actually it an the O Scope are the only two items I have a use for.

But if that changes, will give ya a shout.

Archived