Show of hands.....who has seen the new superman and thought it was awesome?

inscho

• Members
Originally posted by mumford

Whoa, mine too... are you my doppleganger?

MTG_VesuvanDoppelganger.jpg

but seriously, I didn't realize that HCFX was a bunch superman-hatin', loaf munching, queers.....sheesh...see ya'll in the amp forum.

• Members

Personally, I've never understood why people liked superman. I was into comics when I was younger, and I enjoy a lot of the hero movies. Just don't really dig "Aryan Man."

Did you see it? Let's hear your capsule review.

• Members
Originally posted by mumford

Personally, I've never understood why people liked superman. I was into comics when I was younger, and I enjoy a lot of the hero movies. Just don't really dig "Aryan Man."

Did you see it? Let's hear your capsule review.

I'm the same way....Never really did it for me.
Must have been the undies or the ace disguise!
:D :D
I am open to seeing it IF you say it is good!
Now Batman Returns.....NICE AND DARK!
:thu:

• Members

Well first off let me state that I am not a big superman fan nor am I a fan of comics really at all....I like them for artwork and that is were it ends. Also if you are a movie skeptic, one of those people that refuses to watch a movie without pointing out everything that defies the laws of physics, that couldn't really happen in real life, etc....don't bother watching this movie.

All of my friends are superman fanatics and I found myself in line with them 2 hours before the theatre doors opened on the first night it was showing so we could get the best seats....within 30 minutes there was a line of 60 some odd people....it was crazy.

I am not a movie critic by any means, but there wasn't a single person that left that theatre saying it was a bad movie, it had action, humor, drama, a great score....there were people crying in the audience......brian singer did a great job on the movie and it relates better to the original movies than the new star wars movies do.

I recommend seeing it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

Well first off let me state that I am not a big superman fan nor am I a fan of comics really at all....I like them for artwork and that is were it ends. Also if you are a movie skeptic, one of those people that refuses to watch a movie without pointing out everything that defies the laws of physics, that couldn't really happen in real life, etc....don't bother watching this movie.

All of my friends are superman fanatics and I found myself in line with them 2 hours before the theatre doors opened on the first night it was showing so we could get the best seats....within 30 minutes there was a line of 60 some odd people....it was crazy.

I am not a movie critic by any means, but there wasn't a single person that left that theatre saying it was a bad movie, it had action, humor, drama, a great score....there were people crying in the audience......brian singer did a great job on the movie and it relates better to the original movies than the new star wars movies do.

I recommend seeing it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Good enough for me....I just go to be entertained.
As most people that know me will tell you, I am the idiot that will applaud when the rabbit comes out of the hat. I don't care how he/she did it!

• Members
Originally posted by SWANKBOX!

Good enough for me....I just go to be entertained.

As most people that know me will tell you, I am the idiot that will applaud when the rabbit comes out of the hat. I don't care how he/she did it!

then you should like it a lot :D

• Members

I saw it...twice. I saw it Wednsday then my dad flew in yesterday so we went with him to see it....... again.

My wife thinks it would have been the best 2 hour movie ever but at around three hours long she thinks some editing could have been done.

I on the other hand think every minute is relevant to the completion of the story. I never liked Kevin Spacey in ANY role but he was a GREAT Lex Luthor. I liked the fact that the movie didn't start with Superman performing some fantastic save, the story drew you in before all the super stuff happens, and there's pleanty of that. The flying sequences are astoundingly convincing. Brandon R looks more like Superman than the great Chris Reeve did.

I don't want to give anything away here but I recommend it highly regardless of what your preconceptions might be. It's Singers greatest work.

• Members
Originally posted by protonpack

I saw it...twice. I saw it Wednsday then my dad flew in yesterday so we went with him to see it....... again.

My wife thinks it would have been the best 2 hour movie ever but at around three hours long she thinks some editing could have been done.

I on the other hand think every minute is relevant to the completion of the story. I never liked Kevin Spacey in ANY role but he was a GREAT Lex Luthor. I liked the fact that the movie didn't start with Superman performing some fantastic save, the story drew you in before all the super stuff happens, and there's pleanty of that. The flying sequences are astoundingly convincing. Brandon R looks more like Superman than the great Chris Reeve did.

I don't want to give anything away here but I recommend it highly regardless of what your preconceptions might be. It's Singers greatest work.

Finally! I was beginning to lose my faith in this forum :)

• Members

Originally posted by Pigsinzen

I think the Reeve movies were better.

*shrug*

I can't say what I didn't like about it without spoiling it.

Though I liked Spacey's luther better than Hackman's.

Yeah I didn't go into the movie expecting it to be better than a classic.....but this movie was a tall order to fill and I think they did a very good job.

• Members

I don't know if I could sit through this movie if its that long. My attention span isn't that great anymore. The older movies were alright, but they weren't my favorite. It's always been a little hard to get into. He'd probably be dead of radiation poisoning or too hot, but I've always been a huge x-men fan and that comic series is atleast as unbelievable as superman. I guess the only one that's really half-way believable is batman, but that's because he's basically just a rich dude with some good technology.

But I guess you know what you're getting into when you go to see a movie based on a comic book series. They're basically just our new action movies in place of Stallone or Schqarzenegger, but with a nice family friendly PG-13 rating to sell to the maximum amount possible. Personally, I like some of those older action movies that aren't too dated with that superflous amount of gore and the blatant abuse of the f bomb.

Archived