Who doesnt use a board for their pedals but just puts them on the floor?

Quagmire

• Members

hey guyaguy... in your sig there is the dl-4 into the dd-20.. well i owned them both too. i had them the other way round, because the dl4's looper was easier to use. why do you have em that way?

back on topic.
i use boards.
if i have a time where i am experimenting a lot with my pedals i put them just in front, because that way i can switch them much quicker. but except for that one thing i am using boards...

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

hey guyaguy... in your sig there is the dl-4 into the dd-20.. well i owned them both too. i had them the other way round, because the dl4's looper was easier to use. why do you have em that way?

i actually really like looping w/ the DD-20 cuz it's all one switch to stomp on. plus the display shows your loop time, etc.

BUT the reason for it being in that order is this: there is no manual mode on the DL4. so...i keep it in the loop of my Mobius fx looper. that way i can dial in a setting (non preset) and turn the effect on/off with the Mobius. it's a faux manual mode! :idea:

• Members

I dont use a board because unfortunately I have been a home studio player for close to 2 years now.

If I was gigging regularly again I would build a pedalboard in a heartbeat.

Some 10mm plywood a jigsaw, some tolex , speaker cabinet carpeting, velcro and some door hinges.

I might just go design a professional quality pedalboard for the Diyer.

• Members

haha..the first show my band ever played i didnt have a board yet cause we would just rehearse in my garage. anyway i show up with a backpack FULL of pedals. i think at the time i was using 15 or so....not fun to set up.

• Members

I just built my first pedal board after spending the last 4 years playing every weekend setting up and tearing down between 4 and 8 pedals on the floor. Now that I have a pedal board, I'd NEVER go without using one again. I think it's the best thing I've ever done. haha

Archived