OT// Tortoise covering the Minutemen !?!...

• Members

I've just been asked to join a local punk band in Sydney who have close ties to Mike Watt and the modern Stooges band ... they did a recent gig in Sydney when the Stooges were in town doing Stooges covers with Mike Watt on bass and Mackay on guitar ... funny thing is I know nothing about Mike Watt and the Minutemen but know of them only ... my Punk days were spent listening to other faire.

• Members
Originally posted by fatbackribs

Just pick up "Double Nickles on the Dime" and prepare to be amazed.

or check out the new doc. "We Jam Econo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs-I-9I4dfk&search=we%20jam%20econo

congrats on the gig!

:thu:

Sweet thanks ... yeah the guys in the band were advertising a local art cinema called DIEPUNKDEATH who were showing We Jam Econo - saw it on their website.

This is Mike at the gig with Gallucci who I may be joining ...

gal18.jpg

Will check more info on Minutemen as suggested. :thu:

• Members

Yeah I knew a bit of Minutemen stuff from the 80's but I never paid that much attention to them so it's fair enough for me to say I know nothing of them but it's not entirely true either ... just they were not among my playlist ... I love the Village People handle bar mo too ... he's very no-fi on the clothing also ... like truck stop punk. :D

• Members

HUGE Minutemen fan here...

Just had to say hi.

Oh, here's part of a cool D.Boon memorial article that I scanned. I'll put up the rest soon.

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=18580929&groupID=100048067&adTopicID=21&Mytoken=688970FB-5FED-85A1-80A7890B37EFB68968046260

PS Cool Watt pic...never seen him play a Musicman bass before!

Archived