wylde overdrive

Guest Anonymous

• Members

Don't do it! It's a pretty good overdrive but is cheaply made and better pedals can be had for the same or a little more. Get an SD1 and have it modded and it would cost less. If you really want I'll sell you one with a bad switch pretty cheap. If not get an OCD or ScrewDriver. I played my OCD and ZW44 next to each other and the OCD sounds a million time better.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by PurpleStrat

Don't do it! It's a pretty good overdrive but is cheaply made and better pedals can be had for the same or a little more. Get an SD1 and have it modded and it would cost less.

I agree if that's the sound you're looking for. I own one, sounds decent but my switch occasionally acts up.

Originally posted by PurpleStrat
If not get an OCD or ScrewDriver. I played my OCD and ZW44 next to each other and the OCD sounds a million time better.

I disagree here, they're too different to compare.

What exactly are you looking for the pedal to do? Stack, help push an amp, by itself etc.

• Members

Well i got one as a gift a couple of months ago, and I do like it, but I am 1000000% positive this pedal is not for everyone, it is raw and dirty, if you want a clean pure OD LOOK ELSEWHERE, if you want an OD with some stank on it get this one. Depending on how you set it up it will sound totally different.

but the only way to know if you like it is to try it out, don't spend $$$ to find out that what you bought isn't what you need.
I have owned several of these boutique pedals and have chosen this one for its stankosity, a BadMonkey for its unbelievable versatility, and a BD-2 w/ H2O mod for my pure tone OD.

if it sounds right, and feels right, that is all that really matters

• Members

Well i got one as a gift a couple of months ago, and I do like it, but I am 1000000% positive this pedal is not for everyone, it is raw and dirty, if you want a clean pure OD LOOK ELSEWHERE, if you want an OD with some stank on it get this one. Depending on how you set it up it will sound totally different.

but the only way to know if you like it is to try it out, don't spend $$$ to find out that what you bought isn't what you need.
I have owned several of these boutique pedals and have chosen this one for its stankosity, a BadMonkey for its unbelievable versatility, and a BD-2 w/ H2O mod for a pure tone OD.

if it sounds right, and feels right, that is all that really matters

Archived