True bypass tuners?

• Members
Originally posted by Qstick333

I believe that is the only option - however you can get a true bypass loop box (analogman, keeley etc...) and run the tuner through that so that it is only in the loop when you are tuning...and therefore silent.

ZH

Thanks. I considered that as well but that would mean buying two pedals and it would be pricey. Not to say that Petersons aren't though. :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Cackalacky

Isn't the planet waves tuner true bypass?

I remember reading about them but I don't think they were real clear whether they were or not.

Really I don't mind buffered tuners as long as they don't change the sound too much. The Korg has a lot of fans but I dunno how they affect the tone.

• Members

The Planet Waves are true HARD bypass. There is a difference, according to people on here.

The Peterson is the only option, but I think I remember reading about someone TBing a DT-10.

If you are concerned too much and want to keep a below-Peterson budget, you could get a DT-10 or the like and get a loop. They really aren't that expensive, around $30.

• Members
Originally posted by Qstick333

I believe that is the only option - however you can get a true bypass loop box (analogman, keeley etc...) and run the tuner through that so that it is only in the loop when you are tuning...and therefore silent.

ZH

Or an a/b box.

Archived