Weezer breaks up...shocker!

Mojambo

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

if they had called it quits right after Pinkerton was released then they would have been legendary.

True that. I can dig the Green Album though, even if it was just a repackaged version of the Blue Album.

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

for something everyone so vehemently doesn't give a crap about, there sure are a lot of threads on this....

I just think it's a relief. No more bad albums to tarnish their legacy.

• Members

the green album was NOT a repackaged version of the blue album. those songs didn't have near as much depth. i mean, the green album had "hash pipe".
the blue album had "only in dreams".

not to mention Rivers never had one single decent solo after the Pinkerton material. it was always the same vocal melody played with a goofy generic guitar tone.

:mad: BLAH:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by preservation

the green album was NOT a repackaged version of the blue album. those songs didn't have near as much depth. i mean, the green album had "hash pipe".

the blue album had "only in dreams".

not to mention Rivers never had one single decent solo after the Pinkerton material. it was always the same vocal melody played with a goofy generic guitar tone.

:mad:
BLAH:mad:

I didn't mean to say the Green Album was as good as Blue, not even close, Green just always struck me as a half baked attempt to make another album like it. Didn't happen. And you're spot on about the same vocal melody over generic guitars.

• Members

Rivers is the same guy who meditated in a closet for a month with some monks. :freak: He also sold all his material possessions. It's not surprising he wants to break up a band that he doesn't really care about.

They shouldn't have ever came back. Pinkerton was a classic. Their reuniting sort of devalued that in a way.

• Members

I think these reports of Weezer's death are highly exaggerated -- or at least, premature. This kind of talk is par for the course from Cuomo, especially since his Vipassana kick.

It would not surprise me in the least to see another album from this band sometime in the next 2-3 years.

Archived