Eric Clapton's ES-335 Guitar

ping0y

• Members

Whoever might be interested in the making of this recreation of a guitar, there's a vid on google that i just watched.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4764707652331081865&

I don't know if it's old to you guys, but it was certainly new for me to watch it. It is 55 Minutes long. FIrst part is the usual talk about it, afterwards it goes in the making and how they look of the details.

The bindings, the paint, the neck etc.

I know this doesn't really BELONG in the effects forum, but i just wanted to show it to you guys since I like the effects forum more than the others.

• Members

The GC I worked at was one of the few in the chain that didn't sell the Crapton ES-335 that they were shipped. We got it because the douche owner of another store quoted a good customer of ours cost for one of the high end Page Les Pauls.

I believe each one sold made about $4k profit. All the Texas stores went through them like it was nothing. John Mayer bought a few, waited in line with the other Dallas/Fort Worth collectors.

I played it acoustically in the back room the night before they went on sale. It was cool in the "thank god I don't own it" kind of way.

Archived