Super Cheap Vocal Effects

bri6672

• Members

Could you give a little more info such as what effect and what kind of setting? Because if you want the effect for recording, just use effects built into the recording software. You can get some plugins to do some wicked cool {censored}.

• Members

Originally posted by beezdeez

Could you give a little more info such as what effect and what kind of setting? Because if you want the effect for recording, just use effects built into the recording software. You can get some plugins to do some wicked cool {censored}.

Well I am not using computer recording I have a Fostex mr8 with a flash card. My vocals really suck so I am hoping to doctor them with some chorus etc. and some reverb. I was going to get a cheap mixer to adjust the lows mids and highs.

• Members

Originally posted by runbeerrun

You can get a Dod Votec for $40 ebay, I wouldnt pay any more for that piece of junk.

I had one, it did the job-chorus-detuned chorus-delay-envelope filter

Read some reviews on it and got scared away quick. Seems to be super noisy

• Members

Originally posted by ScreamCage

Oh, +1, of course. I should of thought of this one before.

Also, Digitech has a multi-FX unit out made specifically for vocals. Check it out on MF.

The digitech is to expensive and I dont really need a floor model.

• Members

Originally posted by stereotypy

xlr to jack (there are cables like that in every good music shop) into the guitar effects. then to a d.i. box after all teh effects(!! important to get rid of noise!) from there you are with xlr again.

Whats a d.i. box?

• Members

a d.i. box is something you must have already seen if you ever gigged! it is a ground lifter and something more.. but well. it is a little box with a jack input (unbalanced) and a xlr output (balanced). it divides your signal from signal destroying parts that causes hum.

my english is not the best but maybe you get the picture. you use it on stage for pianos, acoustic guitars and bass. it is a simple little box that can be very effective. and it is really necessary for that.. !

• Members

Ok got the direct box thing figured out! It sounds like the magicstomp is the way to go. I see that they make a guitar version and an acoustic version. Is there one better than the other or will they both work?

Archived