How do I get this kind of sustain? Video included.

• Members

Sounds like he's just using tons of reverb/echo, and oh yeah...

Sugizo model guitar. :D

Which has a Fernandes Sustainer Driver pickup.

I don't think a compressor would quite get you there, but it could help, especially if your guitar has a lot of natural sustain. The right type of gain could help, too. For example, big muffs are known to create the illusion of much sustain.

Man, I miss oldschool Luna Sea. :cry:

• Members

Hmm thats what I thought. I didn't think the 3 single coil models had the sustainer in it. Guess so. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Do you think a Boss DD-20 delay will get that same effect, or would something else work?

I miss old school Luna Sea too :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by fourthave_cafe

Hmm thats what I thought. I didn't think the 3 single coil models had the sustainer in it. Guess so. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Do you think a Boss DD-20 delay will get that same effect, or would something else work?

I miss old school Luna Sea too
:cry:

you also need reverb.

I like my DL4>>RV3 combo :D

• Members

Reverb too? So a DL4 and a RV-3 would nail that sound, or come close to it? Awesome. Only pedal I have is a distortion/overdrive, so I want to start making a board.
:D

Thanks for all the help, makes me want to cry haha.

I the DL4 is a great tool, its done all I've wanted it to, but I cant comment on how it faces the dd20.

The RV3 however does not really like gain pedals. I usually can get that type of sustain playing clean, but it dosent suit the music so to say. I would suggest looking at the verbzilla for reverb.

- nic

• Members

The problem is that I can only afford one of the two. Will I be better off with the delay or the reverb?

For solos? Reverb.

But you're going to want to get a delay, too...

Verbzilla is my choice for reverb. A nice cheap delay would be the Ibanez DE7. That would make a nice coupling. Try to buy used! Ebay. :thu:

• Members

a boss cs-3 pushing, distortion/fuzz, and a cookin amp will get you damn close to that much sustain.

oh yes and it will sound every bit as cheese dick as that. that was why i didn't like it. because you can't keep it from sounding cheese dick.

BTW, i'm with endo23. that was {censored}ing ghey!

• Members

Originally posted by choadwarrior

haha..I like that that required an additional reply..

Well did you see the part where Teased Bangs strikes a Jesus Christ pose and an industrial strength fan sends his dyed mane skyward?

GHEY!!!

:wave:

• Members

Haha yeah, seems like it. :D

Whatever, thanks a lot for helping me out Kilsk, and Pwn3d too. I guess people will never open up to anything that they don't like the looks of. Everyone always checks at the appearances first. :rolleyes:

Props to Fork Man for looking past the "gheyness," and liking the music. :D

• Members

what no thanks for murphj1. i might have made a little fun of your ghey video, but i was serious about the cs-3. it'll do that {censored}. and a hell of alot cheaper than a sustainer. you can pick one up for $30 or $ 40 bucks.

thats what i get for trying to help someone out.

• Members

Haha yeah, seems like it.

Whatever, thanks a lot for helping me out Kilsk, and Pwn3d too. I guess people will never open up to anything that they don't like the looks of. Everyone always checks at the appearances first.
:rolleyes:

Props to Fork Man for looking past the "gheyness," and liking the music.

Well even so, murphj1 still was right about the cs-3 being a sustainer replacement. :)

You'll still need some reverb/echo/delay along with it, though, if you listen to the video closely.

But yeah. :thu: You're welcome. :D

Archived