MI Audio Blues Pro

• Members

Got a really good deal on one on ebay recently, wow this thing sounds great. Wide range of gain, smooth, natural sound. The fuzz switch adds a cool nastiness to the sound. The first version got alot of good reviews but you don't seem to hear much about the new one. Great candidate for the if you could only have one dirt pedal or best bang for the buck award.

• Members

Yeah, I guess, those both do look really cool. The BBD looks a little too complicated for an OD. I don't mind lots of knobs on fuzzes or modulation type things but for some reason I think OD's should be simple. Well, not too simple, I don't see the point in one knobbers.

• Members
Originally posted by RitalinCupcake

Yeah, I guess, those both do look really cool. The BBD looks a little too complicated for an OD. I don't mind lots of knobs on fuzzes or modulation type things but for some reason I think OD's should be simple. Well, not too simple, I don't see the point in one knobbers.

Michael loves knobs.:D

Seriously, I think it's because most ODs don't often work well with all set-ups and pups, so with the extra few knobs, you should be able to tailer a great sound no matter what you play through. I believe that's MI's philosophy on it.

I'm also all for simplicity, but I found the original TZ's eq adjustment too limited for me to dial it in right with how I have my amp's clean tone. His new TZD should allow that no probs now...still haven't got one, but taking a short hiatus from playing.

• Members

I bought a BBD about 2 days ago just on reputation alone, and I must say i'm so glad i did. It really is a phenomenal pedal. Just the right amount of gain taper. From pure clean boost to post-808 overdrive tones. The top mounted knobs allow heaps of tone shaping which essentially allow it to cover the territory of 3-4 Boss OD pedals.

I've got mine set to slight mid, gain and sustain boost running into a global FX loop, since the gain control is so slick and wide it can be set up as completely clean, or as heavy an OD as required. The best thing i can say is that despite the tone shaping options, it seems to always modify the inherent tone of your rig; my guitar and amp always sound like my guitar and amp regardless of settings, just better and with more gain. Kudos to Michael for the best OD i've played.

Archived