Beta Aivin pedals?

• Members

Hi there,

Has anyone heard of a manufacturer called "Beta Aivin", and more importantly, can anyone provide a review, specifically of the DD-100 delay?

http://www.3g-sys.com/aivin/en/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=251

Perhaps there are a few of these newer Chinese manufacturers around... anyway, the pedals are quite cheap (ebay) and I'd like to know if they're any good.

Thanks.

• Members

They look like Boss's comeback at the behringer pedals, made in china & pretty much copies of thier existing line-up

The 'soft distortion' pedal looks interesting, same control layout as the MD-2, but with low gain...

• Members

I love their marketing text.

"Update advanced DSP single block effect, adoption the modern advanced innovated vision technology, perfect reliable material texture. Simple setting for various sound bring more funs in performance."

Straight outta Xiangdong baby!

Any pedal that will offer me more funs must be a winner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Members

My Beta Aivin experience in Australia, there is no customer support whatsoever. I have a Beta Aivin BP150 Bass Amp, their top of the line Bass Amp. I purchased this from a retailer who has since gone out of business. The amp blew a resistor. i cannot even get a schematic diagram of the amp to know what value the burnt resistor is. Beta Aivin products are made in China and distibuted by wholesalers who import them, same as the Dollar shop products, cheaply made. No customer support from the Manufacturer. The sellers are great but can only do so much. What happens when the product is out of warranty. Better off to buy something from a reputable retail chain not a wholesaler. The Amp cabinet now houses a peavey amplifier and Black Widow speaker, and I removed the Beta Aivin badge.

• Members

I bought these very cheap a few years ago:

betaaivin_me-100_001.jpg

ME-200_big.jpg

some of the sounds are decent, but most of the times things don't work at all... the effect all suddenly cuts out and sometimes there is no signal at all...

... and the best bit... both pedals has the same problem...

they look awesome, but sadly I have to say avoid

Archived