Sampler for live use

Fresh777

• Members

Hi there -

Maybe someone could help me with this - I am a guitar player that is looking for a either rack or floor sampler that I could trigger using my feet - it would be primarily used for segways between songs(weird sounds or sound effects) and additives within songs - I would like to be able to both record samples from CD's and guitar/keyboard samples and be able to trigger them live - it would not go through my amp or regular effects, but stereo out to the PA somehow (i guess this might require a small mixer to go stereo out to the mixer then to the PA) I was looking for a small or compact midi controler or pedal that would be by my pedals to trigger the various samples/loops. Does anyone know how this might be accomplished? It seems like it could be a dauting task but maybe someone who knows more about it could shed some light on it - Thank you very much!!! Doug

• Members

Hmmm, so you need something to record samples from external source that you can pull up and run live?

The easiest thing would be to use a laptop I think, there is plenty of software that can accomplish this. I have zero experience with independant sampler units though. You could probably just browse through MF or Americanmusical.com for "samplers" and check out whats available. Most of them seem to be really expensive though. There's a small Roland sampler that sells for around 400 bucks, can't remember the name, but there may be something more simple and cheap you could use. To use something like this with your feet you would just need to get some kind of midi foot controller to trigger your various samples.

You could also get something like the RC-20XL and record samples directly into that, but you would be limited to I think 9 samples (someone correct me if I'm wrong here...) and would probably need the external footswitch to really be able to change between samples easily.

Archived