Jimmies Guitar magic

Adrian Crow

• Members

On the "The Song Remains The Same" DVD and "Live At the Royal Albert Hall" when Jimmy plays Dazed and Confused, durring the Bow part, he hits the strings playing a chord then points to the sky then the same chord hits again. I figured that it was some delay trick but after the second sounding of the chord it dose not repeat, it only gose once dose any one know how to do this?

• Members

Originally posted by Adrian Crow

On the "The Song Remains The Same" DVD and "Live At the Royal Albert Hall" when Jimmy plays Dazed and Confused, durring the Bow part, he hits the strings playing a chord then points to the sky then the same chord hits again. I figured that it was some delay trick but after the second sounding of the chord it dose not repeat, it only gose once dose any one know how to do this?

Yeah, you can set I think any delay to just repeat once. He probably did it with an echoplex, like the previous people said.

I remember watching that having no knowledge about echo or effects at all, and just being in awe. . .Now, it's like "Ah, that's pretty good. . ."

• Members

Originally posted by ZepFuzz05

I remember watching that having no knowledge about echo or effects at all, and just being in awe. . .Now, it's like "Ah, that's pretty good. . ."

Yeah, when I was in high school, I thought Jimmy Page was god.

• Members

Originally posted by ZepFuzz05

Yeah, you can set I think any delay to just repeat once. He probably did it with an echoplex, like the previous people said.

i used to think he somehow held the vibration in his fingers and then let it out again

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

i used to think he somehow held the vibration in his fingers and then let it out again

yea I tried that alog with a wah wah to keep the hit loud.

But are there any cheeper digitel effects because an Echoplex is expencive.

Archived