Help me spend $200.00

la0tsu

• Members

I've got it narrowed down to three choices:

1) Guyatone VT-X, ~$190.00

2) Dunlop Uni-Vibe Stereo Chorus, ~$120.00 and MXR 6-band Graphic EQ, ~65.00 - total of ~$185.00

3) Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+, ~$170.00

As you can tell, I want a cool stereo toy. If you can think of anything else for 200.00 or less, I am open to suggestion.

Let me know what you think!

• Members

Originally posted by la0tsu

I've got it narrowed down to three choices:

1) Guyatone VT-X, ~$190.00

2) Dunlop Uni-Vibe Stereo Chorus, ~$120.00
and
MXR 6-band Graphic EQ, ~65.00 - total of ~$185.00

3) Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+, ~$170.00

As you can tell, I want a cool stereo toy. If you can think of anything else for 200.00 or less, I am open to suggestion.

Let me know what you think!

Replace Guyatone VT-X with

a. Catalinbread Semaphore tremolo ($180? I think) if you're looking for a decent tremolo. Not sure that it's stereo though.

b. Used Boss PN-2. To my ears panning is about as cool as it gets if you have a stereo rig to accomodate it. Plus it has stereo inputs, so you can plug your stereo chorus/whatever into it.

Dunlop Univibe

Never played one, also never heard anyone sing it's praises here. For chorus you might look at a used Ibanez or Maxon Bi-Chorus (BC-9, BCL etc), a used Boss DC-2, maybe wait and see what the EHX CLone Theory reissue sounds like. Unless you're after a vibe sound. Not sure of any vibes in the price range other than the VooDoo Labs Micro Vibe.

Dano Fish n CHips EQ ($25) soundwise is just as good as the MXR by most accounts.

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Replace Guyatone VT-X with

a. Catalinbread Semaphore tremolo ($180? I think) if you're looking for a decent tremolo. Not sure that it's stereo though.

Sadly, it's not stereo, so I will pass.

b. Used Boss PN-2. To my ears panning is about as cool as it gets if you have a stereo rig to accomodate it. Plus it has stereo inputs, so you can plug your stereo chorus/whatever into it.

If I ever come across one, I will buy it. I have never actually even seen one, though.

Dunlop Univibe

Never played one, also never heard anyone sing it's praises here. For chorus you might look at a used Ibanez or Maxon Bi-Chorus (BC-9, BCL etc), a used Boss DC-2, maybe wait and see what the EHX CLone Theory reissue sounds like. Unless you're after a vibe sound. Not sure of any vibes in the price range other than the VooDoo Labs Micro Vibe.

I'm more interested in vibe than chorus, though the Boss CE-20 intrigues me a little. And unfortunately, the Micro-Vibe is not stereo. The Clone Theory sounds intriguing, but I don't know if I can wait.

Dano Fish n CHips EQ ($25) soundwise is just as good as the MXR by most accounts.

I've heard similar things, but I have concerns about the construction. I'm willing to pay more for something that will last. I still may go the Dano route, though.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

If you want a vibe get a Voodoo Labs Microvibe or a Fulltone Dejavibe???

The Fulltone is out of my range by a good $100.00 for mono and $150.00 for stereo. Believe me, I would be all over the Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe Stereo if I could afford it - that would be my ideal. The VL Microvibe is mono, so I'm not as interested.

• Members

If you can't find a PN-2 (they're on ebay frequently), then maybe wait for the new EHX Stereo Pulsar. Smaller enclosure than a standard Pulsar, stereo tremolo. No one knows if it will pan yet AFAIK, but will probably sell for $120ish which is a bit cheaper than a used PN-2

If you want a stereo vibe the only way you are going to be able to fit one in that budget is buying second hand.

Archived