Tell me about the Ibanez DE-7 Delay!

apostrophe

• Members

I'm not a big fan of the Tone-Lock series (the switch is really pathetic) if I were you I'd look at this for $10 more if you have the realestate for a larger pedal. The delays on the Magic Stomp are AMAZING and there really are a lot of options (Shadow, Tape, Analog, etc)

http://www.musician.com/product/Yamaha-Magicstomp-II-Guitar-Effects-Processor?sku=151560

• Members

The DE-7 introduced me to the wonderful sounds of a digidelay with high cut. I finally got some of those delay sounds I heard in old Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and such, and from then on I couldn't stomach hearing pristine digital delay.

HOWEVER: Those switches are pure {censored}e, and it won't be long until the pedal won't respond to the first press (or first STOMP, depending on how violent you are with your gear), and you'll be wanting something with true bypass and a real switch.

So you get a step-up, something digital that does a nice analog imitation like the Magic Stomp or the Mr. Echo.

Then you'll realise that only analog will do, so you get a DMM and it's the best pedal you've ever owned, period.

• Members

I now understand why so many of you have three or four delays. There's a ton of cool sounds in them. I spent literally hours playing with just the self oscillation.

It does eat batteries like mad, but it even sounds really cool with a dying battery. Best guitar related $90 I ever spent

• Members

YES, it eats battaries like crazzeee . . . :mad:

Oh, and i have the ultra-girrrrly PINK model !

(...don't larfff !)

I still love mine though - great for Reverend Horton Heat Psychobilly runs !!!

Still, my very first pedal for next year will be a DMM. (keeping the DE7 though !)

;)

Archived